Py3k status update #8
Just a short update on November's work: we're now passing about 194 of approximately 355 modules of CPython's regression test suite, up from passing 160 last month. Many test modules only fail a small number of individual tests now.
We'd like to thank Amaury Forgeot d'Arc for his contributions, in particular he has made significant progress on updating CPyExt for Python 3 this month.
Some other highlights:
- test_marshal now passes, and there's been significant progress on pickling (thanks Kenny Levinsen and Amaury for implementing int.to/from_bytes)
- We now have a _posixsubprocess module
- More encoding related fixes, which affects many failing tests
- _sre was updated and now test_re almost passes
- Exception behavior is almost complete per the Python 3 specs, what's mostly missing now are the new __context__ and __traceback__ attributes (PEP 3134)
- Fixed some crashes and deadlocks occurring during the regression tests