.. _`numpypy`: http://pypy.org/numpydonate.html
.. _`pypy 1.9 and cpython 2.7.2`: http://speed.pypy.org
But first of all, we would like to say thank you to all people who
donated some money to one of our four calls:
programmers to get funded like that, at least for some
time. We want to include this thank you in the present release
announcement even though most of the work is not finished yet. More
-precisely, neither Py3k nor STM are ready to make it an official release
+precisely, neither Py3k nor STM are ready to make it an official release
yet: people interested in them need to grab and (attempt to) translate
PyPy from the corresponding branches (respectively ``py3k`` and
-* This release still implements Python 2.7, the standard library has been
- upgraded to CPython 2.7.2.
+* This release still implements Python 2.7.2.
* Many bugs were corrected for Windows 32 bit. This includes new
functionality to test the validity of file descriptors; and
and Amaury Forgeot d'Arc.
* Improvements in ``cpyext``, our emulator for CPython C extension modules.
- For example PyOpenSSL should now work.
+ For example PyOpenSSL should now work.
* Sets now have strategies just like dictionaries. This means for example
that a set containing only ints will be more compact (and faster).
-* A lot of progress on various aspects of ``numpypy``. See `numpy-status`_
+* A lot of progress on various aspects of ``numpypy``. See `numpy-status`_
page for the automatic report.
* It is now possible to create and manipulate C-like structures using the
* The non-x86 backends for the JIT are progressing but are still not
merged (ARMv7 and PPC64).
-* JIT hooks for inspecting the created assembler code ha
s been improved.
+* JIT hooks for inspecting the created assembler code ha been improved.
See `JIT hooks documentation`_ for details.
-* ``select.kqueue`` has been added.
+* ``select.kqueue`` has been added.
* Handling of keyword arguments has been drastically improved in the best-case
scenario: proxy functions which simply forwards ``*args`` and ``**kwargs``
There is a corresponding 1.9 release of JitViewer which is guaranteed to work
-with PyPy 1.9. See `JitViewer docs`_ for details.
+with PyPy 1.9. See `JitViewer docs`_ for details.
.. _`numpy status`: http://buildbot.pypy.org/numpy-status/latest.html
.. _`JitViewer docs`: http://bitbucket.org/pypy/jitviewer