Other Graphical User Interface Packages
-There are an number of extension widget sets to :mod:`tkinter`.
- `Python megawidgets <http://pmw.sourceforge.net/>`_
- is a toolkit for building high-level compound widgets in Python using the
- :mod:`tkinter` package. It consists of a set of base classes and a library of
- flexible and extensible megawidgets built on this foundation. These megawidgets
- include notebooks, comboboxes, selection widgets, paned widgets, scrolled
- widgets, dialog windows, etc. Also, with the Pmw.Blt interface to BLT, the
- busy, graph, stripchart, tabset and vector commands are be available.
- The initial ideas for Pmw were taken from the Tk ``itcl`` extensions ``[incr
- Tk]`` by Michael McLennan and ``[incr Widgets]`` by Mark Ulferts. Several of the
- megawidgets are direct translations from the itcl to Python. It offers most of
- the range of widgets that ``[incr Widgets]`` does, and is almost as complete as
- Tix, lacking however Tix's fast :class:`HList` widget for drawing trees.
- `Tkinter3000 Widget Construction Kit (WCK) <http://tkinter.effbot.org/>`_
- is a library that allows you to write new Tkinter widgets in pure Python. The
- WCK framework gives you full control over widget creation, configuration, screen
- appearance, and event handling. WCK widgets can be very fast and light-weight,
- since they can operate directly on Python data structures, without having to
- transfer data through the Tk/Tcl layer.
-The major cross-platform (Windows, Mac OS X, Unix-like) GUI toolkits that are
-also available for Python:
+Major cross-platform (Windows, Mac OS X, Unix-like) GUI toolkits are