Welcome to Hoot!
Hoot stands for Hypertext Once upOn a Time. It's an adventure game creation tool. You write adventures in simple Hootscript and Hoot turns your script into a game that can be played in any ordinary Web browser.
Hoot contains its own tutorial, so feel free to jump right in and start creating your own games. No programming experience is required.
Feedback is welcomed at http://ratfactor.com/contact-me
View project source: https://bitbucket.org/ratfactor/hoot/src
Download as a zip: https://bitbucket.org/ratfactor/hoot/get/default.zip
Download as a bz2: https://bitbucket.org/ratfactor/hoot/get/default.tar.bz2
Download as a gz: https://bitbucket.org/ratfactor/hoot/get/default.tar.gr
- 2014-05-08 - v1.5 - Added escape sequence for literal slash inside strings: \/
- 2013-10-19 - v1.4 - Fixed nasty parser bug which could cause things to be nested under other things under certain circumstances (such as following an if...then...end statement)
- 2013-03-17 - v1.3 - Fixed critical compression bug, improved error checking (most errors now in plain English)
- 2013-03-16 - v1.2 - Vars and things no longer case sensitive
- 2013-03-16 - v1.1 - Build output now compressed!
- 2013-03-14 - v1.0 - New predictive parser complete, project now called Hoot*
- 2012-03-14 - v0.1 - Work begins on a non-toy implementation
Copyright 2013 Dave Gauer
Released under the MIT license.
*Yes, it really was a year to the day after work began, but I had no idea until I compiled the above list!