Integration between etherpad and elgg.
Allows to convert pages into pads for collaborative editing.
For etherpad 1.1 and elgg 1.7.
* Pages can be set as pads.
* Convert data from pad to elgg when switching modes.
* Allows anonymous users to participate, but they can only save revisions
if a $CONFIG->anonymous is defined to a username and that user exists.
* Install etherpad in your server, you need its host, port and database
credentials to continue installing.
* Copy the etherpad plugin into elgg mod folder (if you didn't already ;)),
it should be called etherpad.
* Add the proxy stuff to your apache config and enable mod_proxy (see APPENDIX 1).
* Enable the etherpad plugin.
* Set database and host info for etherpad in the admin panel.
APPENDIX 1: apache proxy pass configuration for etherpad (change pad.lorea.org by your pad server url)
# Allow connectios on port 443 and 80
AllowCONNECT 443 80
# ProxyPass the /static and /comet urls from etherpad
ProxyPass /static http://pad.lorea.org:9000/static
ProxyPassReverse /static http://pad.lorea.org:9000/static
ProxyPass /comet http://pad.lorea.org:9000/comet
ProxyPassReverse /comet http://pad.lorea.org:9000/comet
# Allow the connection to stay alive
SetEnv force-proxy-request-1.0 1
SetEnv proxy-nokeepalive 1
# Allow everyone to connect
allow from all