libbgpdump is a C library designed to help with analyzing dump files produced by Zebra/Quagga or MRT. The project is maintained by the RIPE NCC and the internet researcher community.
Signup for a bitbucket account to contribute with bug reports, patches and the wiki.
Table of Contents
The <firstname.lastname@example.org> mailing list is for discussion of RIS data and related tools, weekly reports and occasional public announcements. This includes everything related to libbgpdump.
Please submit bug reports and patches to the bitbucket issue tracker.
Supported Platforms: Linux, FreeBSD, Solaris, and Cygwin
Prerequisites: zlib-devel, bzip2-devel
sh ./bootstrap.sh make ./bgpdump -T
Supported Input Formats
This format is described in the RFC6396.
- MRT RIB dump
- Zebra/Quagga format
- These may be gzipped and/or passed in through stdin
- MRT routing table dump entries in TABLE_DUMP or TABLE_DUMP_V2 types
- Zebra/Quagga BGP records:
- BGP messages (OPEN, UPDATE, NOTIFY, KEEPALIVE)
- BGP state changes
Libbgpdump was originally written by Dan Ardelean and the RIPE NCC took over maintenance in 2005.
- PyBGPdump - A python wrapper around libbgpdump