-py2app is a suite of distutils extensions for Python
-development on the Mac. The additional distutils
-commands (when imported) are as follows:
+py2app is a Python setuptools command which will allow
+you to make standalone Mac OS X application bundles
+and plugins from Python scripts.
- Converts python scripts into executable Mac OS X
- applications, able to run without requiring an
- existing python installation. This is a
- replacement for bundlebuilder.
- Extensible Mac OS X installer package creation
- command. By default it creates a self-contained
- metapackage that separates your package's
- components by install scheme (platlib, scripts,
- headers, etc.). It can be subclassed to provide
- additional subpackages such as dependencies,
- example code, documentation, applications, Xcode
-The following pieces of the py2app suite may also be
- Cross-platform extremely flexible replacement for
- modulefinder that uses a graph data structure to
- General purpose graph library, forked from graphlib.
- Mach-O header tool suite. Can be used to analyze and
- rewrite dependencies or symbols in Mach-O headers.
- Primarily used as a replacement for otool
+py2app is similar in purpose and design to py2exe for