Gordon is a database management system for working with large audio collections. For the most part it is intended for research. Gordon includes a database backend, web server and python API. Gordon will automatically import music collections into the database and try to resolve tracks, albums and artists to the MusicBrainz service.
Gordon is named after the character Rob Gordon from the Nick Hornby book High Fidelity. This was also a movie with John Cusack playing Gordon (and Jack Black playing Barry, another great character).
- Mailing list: http://groups.google.com/group/gordon-dev
- Demo server: http://bellomacpro.smusic.nyu.edu:3000 (username/password: gordon/gordon)
- Douglas Eck wrote the original version of this package.
- Ron Weiss helped transform the original code into a workable open source project.
- Jorge Orpinel provided many subsequent improvements.