1) Cloned source from this repository does not build epub:
$ make epub sphinx-build -b epub -d _build/doctrees . _build/epub Running Sphinx v1.3.1 making output directory... loading pickled environment... not yet created loading intersphinx inventory from http://docs.python.org/objects.inv... building [mo]: targets for 0 po files that are out of date building [epub]: targets for 33 source files that are out of date updating environment: 33 added, 0 changed, 0 removed /usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/rpy2/robjects/packages.py:438: UserWarning: Error in loadNamespace(name) : there is no package called ‘ggplot2’ env = _get_namespace(rname) Encoding error: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xe2 in position 580: ordinal not in range(128) The full traceback has been saved in /tmp/sphinx-err-jIBJje.log, if you want to report the issue to the developers. make: *** [epub] Error 1
2) Similar for latexpdf
3) Similar for singlehtml
4) google for pdf found only old version on readthedocs
5) Building at readthedocs fails: https://readthedocs.org/builds/rpy2/
6) pypi "source" tarball does not include docs source
7) http://rpy2.readthedocs.org/en/latest/ has old version and broken link for "Edit at bitbucket". (Possible cause of build failure there?)
8) Release process needs regression tests for successful doc builds to avoid future recurence.
9) For convenience that regression test could actually "publish" online eg by triggering builds at readthedocs and verifying success. (They have hooks for this). Google searches for pdfs of docs are common.