Release Notes for TortoiseHg
This file contains last minute notes to users about the releases, which may not
be included in the documentation or README files included with the distribution
kits. It also contains change information, for users who are interested in
what bugs have been fixed, and what features have been added in the current
New features in 0.3
* Major improvements to changelog browser. It is now good enough to
deprecate both hgk and hgview. Neither are bundled with the 0.3
binary installer, but both can be added by the user if they wish.
Support for external revision log viewers will be dropped in 0.4.
* The new changelog browser supports filtering by file pattern,
keywords, dates, and branches. It is capable of graphing both the
repository changelog and individual filelogs. Changeset coloring by
author is optional (tortoisehg.authorcolor). All changeset graphing
is done incrementally in batches (tortoisehg.graphlimit: 500)
* New DataMine application for searching history (hg grep) and
inspecting file histories (hg annotate). This new application is
tabbed to facilitate debugging sessions where search results and
annotations can be grouped together for easy cross-reference.
* New changeset browser, supports multiple parents intrinsically and
supports a number of file-revision features (view at revision, save
at revision, annotate at revision, revert to revision, etc). The
new changeset browser is also integrated into the changelog browser.
* Standardized window layouts. Close buttons have been moved to the
toolbar. Dialogs that use progress bars now use a standard status
bar/progress bar widget. Tooltips have been added.
* Hgtk wrapper application for launching TortoiseHg dialogs from the
* Support for an external visual editor: tortoisehg.editor. Takes
precedence over ui.editor when viewing files with TortoiseHg
* Performance improvements in Mercurial itself (cset 0973501e5f4a)
* New installer bitmap from Peer Sommerlund
* Misc: The Synchronize dialog has been improved. The Web Serve
dialog no longer requires a subprocess to run the web server. The
configuration dialog has a number of bug fixes for the paths tab,
and now has separators in the drop-down boxes for the varying value
types (current, suggested, history). Http authentication has been
fixed. The hg integration library has seen major cleanups.
Bug Fixes in 0.3:
* [ 1863086 ] "Revision Graph" fail on UNC path
Fixed by removing hgk from base install. Integrated log viewer
is UNC path safe.
* [ 1851395 ] Total Commander problem
* [ 1882074 ] global name 'p' is not defined
New features in 0.2
* Gtools has been integrated into TortoiseHg proper. It is no longer
bundled as a Mercurial extension. The graphlog extension is now enabled
again by default (only usable from the CLI, however).
* Context menu icons, application window icons. The context menu has been
* The changelog browser has a number of new features (filters and context
menu options). The tag browser and changelog tagging features have been
merged into this tool.
* Hgview is now the default history viewer, hgk is being deprecated.
* An email dialog for interfacing with the patchbomb extension. It can be
reached from the synchronize dialog and from the changelog browser.
* A new configuration tool (replacing hg-config dialogs) that allows you
to configure TortoiseHg and Mercurial.
* Most dialogs now use HgThread and GtkUI to run hg commands. These
classes run the command in a background thread and provide GUI prompts
for when user interaction is necessary (http web auth, etc). For some
commands, it also provides a progress bar.
* A preview of the new Mercurial merge back end. The python hgmerge.py
script is being integrated into Mercurial, and this installer has a
preview of how that will work. You need to unset any ui.merge in your
Mercurial.ini file in order for it to work properly. If you don't
configure anything it will use simplemerge to automatically perform
merges. If conflicts are found it falls back to kdiff3 to resolve
* Slight improvement on speed of overlay icons display.
* A new 'about' dialog.
Bugs fixed in 0.2
* [SF Bug #1851395] Overlay icons and context menus are no longer
restricted to MS-Explorer. So other file managers, such as Total
Commander, should be supported.
* [SF Bug #1844722] Users can now create repositories inside repository
via the context menu.
Changes since 0.2rc1
- N/A -