Currently there is...
Maybe it'd be nice if they were named consistently?
get*Count naming is better than
- You don't have to create the plural of the word, which might not be as simple as adding an "s" to the end, such as with
- Not using "Num" means not having to use an abbreviated non-English word. Yay!
- You don't have to say "num" in your head. It doesn't really have such positive connotations! :D
But I think
getNum* is better than
- It may be easier to visually identify because it's all at the beginning.
- It may even read more naturally even though it's abbreviated?
- There is one less character (this is including the "s" for the plural).
I'm kind of a fan of
get*Count right now.
I think maybe
ParticleSystem:count might be better named
Channel:count could be named
getNumMessages. I think these names are more descriptive, and more consistent with the rest of the API. Also names not starting in get/set/is seem to usually be "actions" on objects, at least outside of love.physics. That said, they're concise, and consistent with each other.