It’s a short project brief described as follows :
News Website with the following requirements :
Display top 10 headlines from the BBC and SKY on a webpage
Use a node.js server
All data should go through the nodejs server
Please use github for source control
To run the server, please install the dependencies:
Then start it with:
Finally, go to http://localhost:8888/
I decided to use RSS and a library to parse it. Not sure if ok (?)
Uhm... the afternoon? :P didn't measure it..
- Real time, baby!
- Responsive design! (alright, with percentages, but nonetheless!).
- Highlighting new stories.
- Configurable ammount of feeds (just change the
index.js, keep the syntax of the already defined feeds).
- Feeds' width is adjusted automatically.
- Fancy and minimal style.
NOT SO FEATURES, BUT HAD FUN DOING THEM
- Minimal template engine! :D
- No extra libraries, just socket.io (on the client).
- Sanitized RSS summaries (it can be extended).
- Minimalistic code.
- Added Reddit news feed, to see something changing! (the others are boring).
Look at the LICENSE file.