Salish Sea NEMO Model Nowcast
|License:||Apache License, Version 2.0|
The SalishSeaNowcast package is a collection of Python modules associated with running the Salish Sea NEMO model in a daily nowcast/forecast mode. The runs use as-recent-as-available (typically previous day) forcing data for the western boundary sea surface height and the Fraser River flow, and atmospheric forcing from the four-times-daily produced forecast results from the Environment Canada High Resolution Deterministic Prediction System (HRDPS) operational GEM 2.5km resolution model.
The runs are automated using an asynchronous, message-based architecture that:
- obtains the forcing datasets from web services
- pre-processes the forcing datasets into the formats expected by NEMO
- uploads the forcing dataset files to the HPC or cloud-computing facility where the run will be executed
- executes the run
- downloads the results
- prepares a collection of plots from the run results for monitoring purposes
- publishes the plots and the processing log to the web
Documentation for the package is in the docs/ directory and is rendered at https://salishsea-nowcast.readthedocs.io/en/latest/.
The Salish Sea NEMO model nowcast system code and documentation are copyright 2013-2019 by the Salish Sea MEOPAR Project Contributors and The University of British Columbia.
They are licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0. http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0 Please see the LICENSE file for details of the license.