These steps describe installing QCT on Ubuntu 8.10 as a local user.
- Open Syntaptic Package Manager from the main Ubuntu menu.
- Search for "qt4", you should see "python-qt4". Marking it for installation (should also mark all required dependencies).
- Search for "setuptools" and mark "python-setuptools"
- Apply, wait, close upon success
- edit /.bashrc and add the following
export PATH=~/.py/bin:$PATH export PYTHONPATH=~/.py/site-packages
- create /.pydistutils.cfg and paste the following into it
[install] install_lib =~/.py/site-packages install_scripts = ~/.py/bin
- Open terminal
- easy_install PyQt
- If it's failing with "Couldn't find a setup script", wget the file it's downloading and extract it to /.py/site-packages/PyQt (make sure files end up under here with no subfolders)
- Copy URL from the top/right "download" link on this page
- wget http://bitbucket.org/sborho/qct/get/.... (paste the url)
- extract files
- change into the QCT folder
- python setup.py install
- now you should be able to go into any local Mercurial repository and type "qtc" to get a nice commit dialog.