-The current stable release is 0.96.1, released 23 August 2004.
-The latest testing pre-release is 0.96.94, released 7 January 2007.
-(Yes, the current "stable" release is a little long in the tooth.
-In practice, most everyone uses the testing pre-releases,
-because our testing methodology gives us a pretty good
-track record of not breaking things from release to release.)
+The current stable and latest release is 0.97, released 17 May 2007.
-Take these with a huge grain of salt,
-this is very rough planning
+SCons is putting in place a new release team of interested developers.
+Expect this section to be updated once
+that team has hammered out a release schedule.
-The last (?) pre-release before the "Big Signature Refactoring"
-changes internal data structures.
- Fix for the one regression found so far in 0.96.92
- (printing an incorrect message when executing the InstallAs() function)
- Significant speed up of some specific configurations
- Integration of accumulated patches with bug fixes and new functionality
-Testing pre-release of the "Big Signature Refactoring,"
-a significant re-design of internal data structures
-to accomplish the following:
- Interoperability between MD5 signatures and timestamps
- Ability to partition the dependency graph into separate <tt>SConstruct</tt>
- (not just <tt>SConscript</tt>) files.
- Hooks for supporting tool-generated dependency information
- Improved performance (we hope)