Note: This changelog is a record of descriptions of all changes
made to the DocBook XSL manpages stylesheets during the time when
they were maintained in their original home in the
[cvs]/docbook/contrib/xsl/db2man area of the DocBook Project
source-code repository at Sourceforge; that is, from October 2001
(when they were contributed to the project by Martijn van Beers)
until September 2002 (when they were moved to the
[cvs]/docbook/xsl/manpages area and became a standard part of all
subsequent DocBook XSL Stylesheets releases).
2002-09-17 Norman Walsh <email@example.com>
* README, db2man.xsl, lists.xsl, sect23.xsl, synop.xsl, xref.xsl:
Moved to docbook/xsl/manpages
* db2man.xsl, synop.xsl: Patch from Joe Orton
* db2man.xsl: commit patch sent by Joe Orton:
This patch adds support for using the productname, date and title out of
a <referenceinfo> if one is present, rather than having to add each of
these individually for every refentry.
* db2man.xsl: Tim Waugh sent:
This patch normalizes space in each refname before displaying it in
the name section.
* xref.xsl: from Joe Orton:
this patch allows cross-referencing to a specific refname. I
need this since I'm documenting several different (but related)
functions per refentry, and want to cross-reference them individually,
rather than just by the title used for the refentry as a whole.
* lists.xsl: apply glosslist support patch from twaugh
* db2man.xsl: slightly sanitize the filenames we generate. again from twaugh
* db2man.xsl: Apply twaugh's fix for making the entity transform stuff work
* db2man.xsl: generalize the tip template for all admonitions
* db2man.xsl: Apply Joe Orton's <tip> patch, modified to be indented. Also show "Tip"
in the title.
so if <tip><title>foo</title></tip>, you get
* synop.xsl: rewrote funcprototype. It used to convert all its children to a single
string and the split it up again through recursion. Now has a nice
foreach loop for the paramdefs, which seems much cleaner than throwing
everything in a big string before processing it.
* db2man.xsl: add support for simpara
* db2man.xsl, lists.xsl: fix refsect2 titles
* synop.xsl: also from twaugh:
I found some input that goes wrong with the synop.xsl we have in CVS:
It gets rendered as (with *bold* and _italic_):
[*-o FILE* | *--output=FILE*]
The desired markup should look like:
The following macro does the trick:
[\fB-o \fIFILE\fR\fR | \fB--output=\fIFILE\fR\fR]
The trouble is that the named template 'bold' uses value-of, and so
strips <replaceable> of its significance.
Another thing I found is that the arg/replaceable template is
superfluous altogether: db2man.xsl has a 'replaceable' template which
does the same thing.
Here is a patch to make those two modifications.
NOTE TO SELF: must try to fix bold template so we can use it everywhere
* db2man.xsl: oops, removed too much
* db2man.xsl: remove stuff that's apparently left-over from sect23.xsl
* db2man.xsl, lists.xsl, synop.xsl: batch of patches from twaugh:
* This patch (based on one from Jirka Kosek) adds support for
block-level elements inside <para>s---<screen>s for example, or lists.
* This patch replaces entities (like '舒') with sensible
characters or groups of characters.
* This patch adds support for sbr.
* This patch normalizes spaces in varlistentry terms.
* This patch normalizes spaces in terminal varlistentry terms.
* This patch allows variable lists to be nested (once).
* This patch prevents variable list item paragraphs from merging into
* This patch improves the rendering of itemized lists, and adds support
for ordered lists and procedures.
* This patch makes some small adjustments to group/arg: don't put extra
spaces in where they aren't needed, and normalize the space of $arg.
* This patch makes adjustments to cmdsynopsis elements. In particular,
they can now be wrapped if no <sbr/> is provided.
* This patch adds funcsynopsis//* support. Again, wrapping is done
* synop.xsl: make synopsises work for --arg=foo <arg>s too
* synop.xsl: remove unneccesary adding of whitespace for arg/replaceable
* db2man.xsl: This patch adds support for multiple refnames.
(another twaugh patch)
* db2man.xsl: modified ulink patch from twaugh. Be nice to content-less ulinks. But we
don't accomodate silly people who don't understand ulink and put the
url as the content too.
* db2man.xsl, synop.xsl: db2man.xsl:
* temporarily add some params that chunker.xsl needs
* fix bold/italic templates
* update calls to bold/italic templates for new syntax
* add support for synopfragment
* update calls to bold/italic templates for new syntax
* db2man.xsl: Add twaug's patch for xref support
* db2man.xsl: This patch adds support for:
- Multiple authors.
- A (single) man page editor.
(another patch from twaugh)
* db2man.xsl: more twaugh patches:
- Use refentrytitle, not refname, for title.
- Upper-case it.
- Use date, productname, and title.
- Pick up author from main document if not contained in refentry.
- Use refname for man page filename, not refentrytitle.
* db2man.xsl: add varname support
* db2man.xsl: This patch makes userinput (an inline element) have inline formatting.
* db2man.xsl: This patch adds support for the top-level document being something
other than an article.
It also emits a helpful warning if no refentry elements are found.
* db2man.xsl: next twaugh patch:
Instead of writing to stdout, create a file for each
refentry. Plus, for bonus points, a file for each additional refname
within that entry (pointing to the main page).
* db2man.xsl: Add named templates for bold-ifying and italicizing stuff. Inspired
by yet another twaugh patch
* db2man.xsl, lists.xsl, sect23.xsl: consistently use instead of a newline
* db2man.xsl, synop.xsl: * add support for informalexample, screen, errorcode, constant, type,
quote, programlisting and citerefentry
* use the 'bold' and 'italic' named templates
* xref.xsl: New file.
2001-12-01 Norman Walsh <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* README, db2man.xsl, lists.xsl, sect23.xsl, synop.xsl: