Changelog for hob
0.3.3 - 2011-01-25
- Fixed issue
#2: Incorrect parsing of documentation blocks Now it only removes the initial whitespace + asterisk from doc blocks and keeps the rest as it is.
0.3.2 - 2011-01-25
- Fixed manifest to include templates in the new location, 0.3 and 0.3.1 was released without any template files because of this.
- Fixed reading of command options and arguments from config file to only occur on the current command in use. Earlier it would read from all commands which would overwrite values for options/arguments with same name but from a different command.
0.3.1 - 2010-12-01
- Fixed parsing of default values for enum fields. Some proto files had incorrectly used numbers for default values. This is now supported by looking for the enum entry with the same value.
0.3 - 2010-10-27
- The -v option is no longer used for version display but for enabling verbosity.
- Positional arguments now display help text if available.
- Location of template files has been moved (part of package_data) to solve cross-platform issues.
- Enum fields can now have default values, the enum value object can be fetched from field.defaultObject() and the raw unparsed text from field.defaultText()
0.2.1 - 2010-10-06
- Fixed installation of templates used by hob. Now they should also work when installed in a virtualenv.
0.2 - 2010-10-05
- Prints the exception text to stderr when an unknown exception occurs instead of dumping backtrace.
- Added option --pdb which will start the python debugger (at error location) whenever an uncaught exception occurs. Useful for debugging purposes.
- Added option --profile which will enable the profiler when executing a command, the results are written to the file specified in the option.
- Added new command config which can be used to display the current config or config files which have been used (--list-files).
- Added support for defining projects files (optional), each project file is another hob.conf, any service definitions are extracted from it and replaces the local ones. The project can be set to point to another config file, a directory or a name. If it is a directory it will look for hob.conf in that directory. If it is a name it will try to lookup the name in the config file under the group [projects], the entry in this group must point to the actual project file. e.g.:
hob --project myproject.conf config
or with a list of projects:
[projects] myproject = ../myproject/myproject.conf other = ../myproject2/hob.conf
then refer to the project by name only:
hob --project myproject config
- Added option --target/-t to override the current target.
- Added short version for config_file option (-c).
- Added support for reading in option values from the config file. Options are placed in as key values in the config but without the - or --, global options are placed in a [global] section and command options in [command.<command-name>]:
[global] verbose = true [command.proto] syntax = scope services = Scope, WindowManager [command.js] test-framework = true
Boolean options can be written with true, false, on, off, 0, 1, yes or no:
verbose = true pdb = off
Lists are defined as a comma separated string, leading and trailing whitespace for each element are stripped. e.g.:
services = Scope, WindowManager
- Added support for reading config files from hob_private.conf in addition to hob.conf. This can for instance be used to put personal config entries separately from the main config file, e.g. to avoid committing personal changes.
- Extension paths can now point to a directory. The directory will be added to the Python import path and the module will be imported. e.g.:
myproject.extension = path/to/myextension
- pep8 fixes
- hob: added a version_num entry that contains version numbers as a tuple.
- hob.proto: Introduced an Element class which is sub-classed by all protocol buffer classes, provides a common way of building a tree structure representing a proto file. The changes should be backwards compatible with 0.1.
- hob.ui: UserInterface now exposes version string (ui.version) and version numbers (ui.version_num).
- hob.utils: Ensure a unique path for template cache in case multiple version of hob is used (each with different path).
- hob.cmd: Added support for specifying the metavar for an option, it is placed as the third item in the longname tuple/list of the option.
- Improved tests.
- Default values are now checked for correct type.
- Changed how referenced messages are found to match the behaviour of protoc (Official Protocol Buffer). It now matches child, current and parents/global to find the top-most name of a path, once it matches it uses that element to search the rest of the path.
- Fixed detection of overlapping extension ranges, they are not allowed.
- Fixed parsing of path items (identifers with dot in between) to only be allowed in certain places, it was currently allowed anywhere an identifer was allowed.
- Added detection of multiple fields with same number.
- Added syntax="<syntax-name>" to generated proto files.
- Generated output will now be compatible with Google Protocol Buffer (syntax="proto2"). In addition the messages will include scope_descriptor.proto.
- Fixed incorrect usage of syntax=<syntax-name> entries in proto files which are supposed to be written as a string (double-quotes). The old and incorrect syntax is still supported in the parser.
- Filename of written documentation has changed. Version number is now included in the filename and the file is placed in a sub-directory named after the service, e.g:
In addition an index is written which links to all versions of a service, the index has the name of service and is placed at the root.
- Services are now treated as published unless marked as drafts. To mark a service as a working draft add the 'draft' option with a value of true, e.g.:
option draft = true;
- New option --syntax to change the syntax of generated output, can either generate pure Google Protocol Buffer (proto2) or the special Opera Scope syntax (scope). Service definitions are now only written when syntax=scope since it refers to the Opera Scope protocol and not the one used in Google Protocol Buffer. Default is to write using the scope syntax as this command is used for documentation.
- Added descriptor file for scope options (templates/proto/scope_descriptor.proto).
- New option --syntax to change the syntax of generated output, can either generate pure Google Protocol Buffer (proto2) or the special Opera Scope syntax (scope). Service definitions are now only written when syntax=scope since it refers to the Opera Scope protocol and not the one used in Google Protocol Buffer.
- Output files are written with .proto as suffix instead of .txt.
- Added support for specifying all in --type option to export all types.
- Files are now only written to if they contain different content.
- Message maps are now generated dynamically by requesting information from the remote host.
- Added type to message maps, contains the number from hob.proto.Proto. Used this to displays booleans more correctly.
- Added support for enums in message-maps, message definitions and pretty-printing, if an enum value cannot be found it fallbacks to displaying the number.
- Added option --test-framework as an alias to --js-test-framework.
- Fixed version matching in build_application.js, now it will match the version as long as the major version is the same, minor version may differ and it will pick the most recent one.
- Added display of message options in js test framework.
- Various fixes in the js framework.
- Command has been removed as it is no longer of any use.
0.1 - 2010-02-12
- Initial public release.