Hob - Scope Code Generator
Hob is a multi-language code generator for the Opera Scope Protocol. It generates code from Google Protocol Buffer files (.proto), which describes the services, messages, commands and events.
The Scope Protocol is an RPC system used in the Opera web browser. This allows external and embedded clients to debug, inspect or perform other operations on any running Opera instance.
Hob consists of the following components:
- The hob command line tool which is used to generate code and other output formats.
- A library for working with Google Protocol Buffer definitions. It can read .proto files and has classes and functions for working with protobuf elements.
- Support for third party extensions which can add additional commands.
If you install hob using easy_install or pip these dependencies will be installed automatically.
Hob can be installed with pip (or easy_install) using:
pip install hob
Visit http://pypi.python.org/pypi/hob for more details on current and earlier releases.
See the Changelog page.
Hob is maintained by the Opera Dragonfly team. The authors are:
- Jan Borsodi <jborsodi at opera dot com>
- Christian Krebs <chrisk opera dot com>
Additional help from:
- Johannes Hoff <jhoff at opera dot com>
- Rune Halvorsen <runeh at opera dot com>
- Anders Hartvoll Ruud <andersr at opera dot com>
See the LICENSE file in the top distribution directory.