Authorization failure while trying to clone a Hg repo
First let me appreciate this great tool. It's simple and elegant.
My problem is, I'm getting authorization failure while trying to use SCM-Manager with TrotoiseHg.
Here is the sequence what I'm doing.
- Unzipping the scm-manager 1.16 to "C:\Program Files\scm-server" directory. (Already disabled UAC for potential issues).
- Installing Mercurial 2.2.2 to "Program Files" via Innosetup installer. (Checked, hg.exe is accessible from everywhere.)
- Installing Python 2.7.3 to "Program Files\Python27".
- Runing scm-manager server via double clicking "\bin\scm-server.bat"
- In a command line window scm-server starts working.
- Checking with another command line "netstat -an". scm-server is listening 8080 port.
- Opening browser entering localhost:8080. Great works.
- Entering default creditentials, works.
- Clicking Repository Types, setting up the Mercurial. Saving.
- Creating some users, works...
- Creating a test repo with Mercurial. OK.
- Checking Repository directory if it actually exists. Yes, it's there.
- Local Clone with mercurial. Works, great, a real Hg repo.
- Trying to Clone via http interface.
- Using TortoiseHg to clone. Asks for username. Entering it as "muratursavas"
- Asks for the password. Entering the password, which works for the SCM-Manager's own interface.
- Out of luck. TortoiseHg Says (In fact, SCM-Manager says): % hg clone --verbose -- h..p://192.168..**:8080/scm/hg/FooProject http authorization required realm: SONIA :: SCM Manager abort: authorization failed [command returned code 255 Wed Jun 27 10:17:44 2012]
Most probably it is a very simple issue but my humble brain haven't found any solution yet.
The log does not show anything about the authorization rejection. Background trace show no sign of accessing to Hg.exe. Clearly something goes wrong before accessing python or hg exes.
I even tried to make the repo public, but it didn't help either. It asks for creditentials (I don't know why) and fails after entering it.
The machine is Windows 7 x86, a fresh install on vmware. Software versions:
SCM-Manager (1.16) Java (18.104.22.168) Mercurial (2.2.2) Pyhton (2.7.3) Firefox (13.0.1) TortoiseHg (2.4.1)
Thanks in advance.