Oscilloscope line renderer
This program receives 2d line data via a named pipe, and renders an audio signal that shows the lines when inspected with an oscilloscope set in XY-mode. See the techinal report for details.
For line input use the modified Quake engine found from the darkplaceswire project.
- Download ASIO SDK 2.3 and extract it to
asiosdk/directory. Because of license restrictions this can't be distributed with the repository.
- SDL2 is already built, its DLL is stored in
- glload is already built, its static libraries are at
- Finally, build and run
gpusyn project is configured to read the static libraries from the correct repository subdirectories.
The program plays audio that matches the input lines. An OpenGL visualisation is shown on screen, if enabled. To check the validity of the audio output, record a segment of the signal to a file and view it with the XY-scope simulator.
- Up/Down: Increase/decrease line draw speed
- S/A: Increase/decrease line burst size
- X/Z: Increase/decrease buffer fill threshold
- R: Toggle recording
- V: Toggle visuals
- The communication between the two programs is quite buggy and usually deadlocks after a while.
- I might have forgotten some dependency.
- An ASIO audio driver is required.
- The system is hardcoded to pick the first ASIO4ALL device.
All code under
gpusyn/ is MIT licensed, see
COPYING for details. Other projects are under their respective original licenses.