Atlassian User Interface (AUI) Library
AUI is an open source (Apache 2.0) library of web UI components.
It's distributed in two ways:
- as an Atlassian plugin for use in Atlassian plugin-based products.
- as a flat pack distribution for use in any web app.
To prototype, you can use the online Sandbox Tool directly or from within a flat pack download.
Atlassian Design Guidelines (ADG)
The ADG is built with AUI. It explains and demonstrates the design components and principles behind the Atlassian UI. The Atlassian UX team developed the ADG. The team regularly updates and usability tests the guidelines. Follow the ADG to leverage the work of experienced designers and make a beautiful Atlassian UI.
Getting Started with AUI and ADG
See the AUI documentation.
For a tutorial that teaches how to use AUI as either a flat pack or as an Atlassian plugin dependency, see Getting Started with AUI.
Raise bugs or feature requests in the AUI project.
Master and Stable
AUI maintains master and one or two stable branches.
Contributing to AUI
Contributions to AUI are via pull request.
- Create an issue in the AUI project. Creating an issue is a good place to talk the AUI team about whether anyone else is working on the same issue, what the best fix is, and if this is a new feature, whether it belongs in AUI. If you don't create an issue, we'll ask you to create one when you issue the PR and retag your commits with the issue key.
- If you have write access to the AUI repo (ie if you work at Atlassian), you can create branches in the main AUI repo -
name your branch as
issue/AUI-1337-fix-the-contributor-guide. If you don't have write access, please fork AUI and issue a PR.
- Ensure all commits are tagged with the issue key (
AUI-1337 fixes to contributor guide).
- Write tests. Unit tests are preferred over integration tests.
- Most PRs will go into master, however you might want them to go into a stable branch. If so, set the target branch as the stable branch and the AUI team will manage merging stable into master after the PR is through.
If you are creating a new component, see these additional guidelines.
AUI supports the following browsers:
- Chrome latest stable
- Firefox latest stable
- Safari latest stable (on OS X only)
- IE 8 / 9 / 10
AUI runs against jQuery 1.8.3.
licenses directory for license information about AUI and included libraries.
- What version of AUI is running in my product?
To check the AUI version, open up a browser console and run