<h1>Introduction to blogs.perl.org + Text::Table</h1>
-Hello, all. I decided to start blogging about Perl-related stuff here on
-blogs.perl.org, in hope of getting more comments from active Perlers. (Until
-now, I've blogged about it <a href="http://shlomif-tech.livejournal.com/">on
+Hello, Perl bloggers! Allow me to introduce myself. I decided to start
+my Perl-related stuff here on blogs.perl.org, in hope of getting more comments
+from active Perlers. (Until now, I've blogged about it
my technical LiveJournal blog</a> and previously on
<a href="http://use.perl.org/~Shlomi+Fish/journal/">use.perl.org Journal</a>).
My name is Shlomi Fish and you can learn more about me from the various
pages of my <a href="http://www.shlomifish.org/">home site -
Design, and then used it to write CGI scripts, and for
shell-scripts-written-in-Perl, after using DOS and some early versions of
Windows and learning a little GW-BASIC, QBasic, C, what was then C/C++ and
-some Visual Basic for Applications. I fell in love with both Perl 5 and
+some Visual Basic for Applications. I fell in love with both Perl 5 and
UNIX-like operating systems, and been using them ever since.
I noticed that one thing I tried to do with it, in order to present nicely
formatted borders, using the
-box-drawing characters</a>, there was something there I was unable to do.
-As a result, I've written
+box-drawing characters</a> (which some people would recall from DOS), there
+was something there I was unable to do. As a result, I've written
<a href="https://rt.cpan.org/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=61610">a patch</a>,
which was written using <a href="http://github.com/shlomif/Text-Table">a git
repository on github</a>.
+Many thanks go to ANNO for agreeing for me to further develop Text::Table.
Using my git repository, I did many cleanups, like add
pod.t and pod-coverage.t, tweak the author information, add more strict and
warnings to the file, etc. ANNO 's original licence is
further changes will be under the terms of the Public-Domain/X11L/etc.. People
who send me pull requests on github may wish to add their names to the credits
(in the changes or even in the core module) but must not claim copyrights to
-OK, now for some output of the Unicode
+OK, now for some output of the Unicode table:
-Add CPAN keywords to the META.yml. (Perhaps this will require defining a
-Module-Build-based Build.PL file).
+Add CPAN keywords to the <tt>META.yml</tt>. (Perhaps this will require
+defining a Module-Build-based Build.PL file).
-Add URLs (ditto) - to the module's homepage, to the github repository, etc..
+Add URLs to the <tt>META.ym</tt>l - to the module's homepage, to the github repository,