+<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
+<!-- vim: set indentexpr=: -->
+ html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1//EN"
+<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en-US">
+<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
+ border: darkgreen solid medium;
+<h1>Introduction to blogs.perl.org + Text::Table</h1>
+Hello, all. I decided to start blogging about Perl-related stuff here on
+blogs.perl.org, in hope of getting more comments from active Perlers. (Until
+now, I've blogged about it <a href="http://shlomif-tech.livejournal.com/">on
+my technical LiveJournal blog</a> and previously on
+<a href="http://use.perl.org/~Shlomi+Fish/journal/">use.perl.org Journal</a>).
+My name is Shlomi Fish and you can learn more about me from the various
+pages of my <a href="http://www.shlomifish.org/">home site -
+from <a href="http://search.cpan.org/~shlomif/">my CPAN page</a>. I've learnt
+Perl in 1996, in order to start working for the now mostly defunct Cortext Web
+Design, and then used it to write CGI scripts, and for
+shell-scripts-written-in-Perl, after using DOS and some early versions of
+Windows and learning a little GW-BASIC, QBasic, C, what was then C/C++ and
+some Visual Basic for Applications. I fell in love with both Perl 5 and
+UNIX-like operating systems, and been using them ever since.
+OK, having put that aside - let's move on to the main topic of this post.
+Many months ago I wanted to use the
+<a href="http://search.cpan.org/dist/Text-Table/">Text::Table CPAN module</a>
+to present a table related to the meta-scan heuristics construction
+scheme of <a href="http://fc-solve.berlios.de/">Freecell Solver</a>. Now,
+I noticed that one thing I tried to do with it, in order to present nicely
+formatted borders, using the
+box-drawing characters</a>, there was something there I was unable to do.
+As a result, I've written
+<a href="https://rt.cpan.org/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=61610">a patch</a>,
+which was written using <a href="http://github.com/shlomif/Text-Table">a git
+repository on github</a>.
+Now, the author of Text-Table (ANNO) told me he was working on a new version
+of Text-Table, which will contain many improvements. However, I was still
+interested in the patch, and after talking on
+<a href="irc://irc.freenode.net/#perl">#perl</a>, he said I could have co-maint
+on Text-Table-1.x and continue to improve it. The new Text-Table will be
+released under a separate namespace - <tt>Text::Table2</tt> or so.
+Using my git repository, I did many cleanups, like add
+pod.t and pod-coverage.t, tweak the author information, add more strict and
+warnings to the file, etc. ANNO 's original licence is
+terms as Perl"</a>, but since it is an iffy licensing, I decided that all
+further changes will be under the terms of the Public-Domain/X11L/etc.. People
+who send me pull requests on github may wish to add their names to the credits
+(in the changes or even in the core module) but must not claim copyrights to
+OK, now for some output of the Unicodey table:
+│ Place ║ 1 │ 2 │ 3 │ 4 │ 5 │
+│ 1 ║ 68 │ 317 │ 15 │ 3 │ 381 │
+│ 2 ║ 171 │ 482 │ 31 │ 14 │ 594 │
+│ 3 ║ 275 │ 867 │ 42 │ 22 │ 1007 │
+│ 4 ║ 458 │ 1442 │ 125 │ 30 │ 1630 │
+│ 5 ║ 640 │ 1715 │ 137 │ 47 │ 1730 │
+Convert the remaining test scripts to Test::More.
+Go over the code and clean it up
+Add CPAN keywords to the META.yml. (Perhaps this will require defining a
+Module-Build-based Build.PL file).
+Add URLs (ditto) - to the module's homepage, to the github repository, etc..
+Possibly implement some future features.