Source

perl-XML-LibXML / PHISHS.CHANGES

Full commit
ma...@9ae0c189-c… 7f5ccab 























































Ok, I don't implement namespace handling yet. 

But I introduced the node types in XML::LibXML and by default I 
export them. I am aware this is not very beautyfull -- well, the 
way it's done ... 

Since most functions need more than just a simple call to libxml2
I wrapped them in dom.c. I believe this is a better way than just put
the whole code in the XS file.

Then I patched LibXML.xs and added the parts
 XML::LibXML::Node 
 XML::LibXML::Element
 XML::LibXML::Text
 XML::LibXML::Comment
 XML::LibXML::CDATASection
As well some extra functions in XML::LibXML::Document.

Common node related functions are implemented in XML::LibXML::Node, 
so only specialized functions had to be reimplemented for sublevel 
classes. 

I treat XML::LibXML::Text as the CharacterData Class from the 
DOM spec. Since libxml2 implements all character classes slightly
different, each constructor had to be implemented seperatly.

This implementation is aware about all subclasses that are supported:
The CLASS Constant is set depending on the type of the node currently 
handled. Differently to the previous implementation it does not 
coredump that much any more. ;-)

As well I added a chunk of documentation and a new example.

_VERSION_F_ (05.17.2001)

code cleanup and better documentation
"dom.h" , "dom.c" are both much smaller after I removed redundant code
"dom.c" is sorted analogue to "dom.h"

all documentation about my extensions can be found in "examples/libxml.xml"
the script "examples/xml2pod.pl" will transform this XML document into 
various .pod documents.  
better testing the encoding


_VERSION_D_

added nodelist functions 
and 
element->getElementsByTagName 


_VERSION_C_

the current version includes some securety fixes in dom.c and LibXML.xs

also a better testsuite