Revision history for Perl extension Text::Format.
0.58 Tue 4 Sep 23:04:11 IDT 2012
- Apply a patch to correct a minor grammatical error:
- Thanks to Salvatore Bonaccorso, Debian Perl Group.
0.57 Tue 4 Sep 14:01:10 IDT 2012
- Clarified the documentation regarding noBreak and noBreakRegex.
- Thanks to Anne Wainwright.
0.56 Thu May 31 09:23:26 IDT 2012
- Add "use warnings;" to lib/Text/Format.pm .
- Add t/pod.t .
- Add t/pod-coverage.t .
0.55 Thu May 31 09:17:32 IDT 2012
- Fix small spelling error in the POD:
- closing https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=77481
- Thanks to Salvatore Bonaccorso and the Debian people
for the report and the patch.
- ( There were also some duplicate bug report in the rt.cpan.org queue
by accident. )
0.54 Fri May 25 02:33:47 IDT 2012
- Convert t/justify.t and t/format.t to Test::More, "use strict;"
and "use warnings;" and cleaned them up.
- fix a warning generated by a call to defined(@array)
- thanks to H. Merijn Brand for the report.
0.53 Fri Jan 28 13:02:01 IST 2011
- Adopted by Shlomi Fish (while disclaiming all rights).
- Convert the build system to Module-Build, while adding keywords
- The archive name is now the more standard Text-Format-0.53.tar.gz.
- Fix some typos in the documentation.
0.52 Sun Mar 29 11:32:50 1998
- fixed some warnings that appeared when using hanging indents
(tagged paragraphs). Also added tha ability to use a list
as an argument to new() and config() so you can pass a hash ref or
a list as long as the list length is mod 2 == 0
0.51 Tue Feb 24 13:32:22 1998
- no real bug fix, just the MANIFEST was wrong, also I got a test
script for testing the justify feature from the guy who originally
wrote the code for justify
0.50 Sat Feb 21 10:19:33 1998
- there were no bugs but I figured that the new feature should
really have its own release. I also tried to make the
justification a little faster, and the extra spaces are now added
starting on the right side of the text instead of the left
- fixed up the docs a little as well
0.46 Wed Feb 18 17:19:43 1998
- fixed bug in justify when there was only one word left for the
last line it would consider the previous line to be the last line
and not justify it. :-(
0.45 Wed Feb 18 00:04:01 1998
- changed the way hanging indents behave when there are more
paragraphs than indent tags, previously the first tag was reused,
now an empty text is used if there are no more tags available.
- added the justify feature, this will jsutify the text to both
margins, the rightAlign feture would jusstify to the rigght margin
and default is to justify to the left margin. if rightAlign or
rightFill are set then justify is ignored. rightFill fills the
right side with spaces
0.44 Thu Feb 12 16:31:08 1998
- added quotes to hash keys as 5.003 didn't like unquoted hash keys
starting with an underscore
0.43 Sat Feb 7 14:55:39 1998
- fixed some warnings that were occurring
0.42 Fri Feb 6 18:37:13 1998
- no real changes as far as the user is concerned
- changed some internal subroutines from being just a reference to
being a real subroutine so Objects that inherit from Text::Format
can use them
0.41 Mon Feb 2 22:57:33 1998
- fixed non-breaking space bug
- added some more error checking to new() and config()
0.40 Thu Jan 29 16:47:41 1998
- added support for non-breaking space
- made some changes that make the module incompatible with the
* firstIndent and bodyIndent now take a number as an argument and
spaces are used for the indents at all times rather than the
previously specified strings
* expandTabs is gone - to expand tabs prior to using center()
just use Text::Format->expand() first
* subroutines wrap and fill renamed to format() and paragraphs()
to reflect their usage
- fixed the bug due to the right margin not being considered when
doing right alignment
0.33 Wed Jan 21 17:50:39 1998
- added left margin and right margin spec, left out by accident
0.32 Sat Jan 17 11:45:48 1998
- fixed another bug :-(
0.31 Fri Jan 16 17:23:18 1998
- renamed module to Format.pm (was Manip.pm)
fixed a warning; was operating on an undef'ed string without
checking now check for defined strings
0.30 Wed Jan 14 22:20:37 1998
- added ability to do hanging indents, fixed the interface for a
better object oriented design, fixed some more bugs
0.23 Fri Jan 10 22:56:40 1998
- few bug fixes
0.22 Fri Jan 10 17:39:23 1998
- addition of expand/unexpand routines
0.21 Thu Jan 9 20:23:34 1998
- addition of center routine
0.20 Wed Jan 8 22:20:28 1998
- change to object oriented module
0.10 Tue Jan 6 15:28:29 1998
- original version
routines are : wrap, fill
basically the same as Text::Wrap at this point just without the
chance for dying, it's just a basic module - Andreas Koenig
suggested to make it object oriented