SiaDrive is a user-mode file system/storage driver for Windows 7/8/8.1/10 and a FUSE file system implementation for Linux/OSX. Mount Sia to any available drive letter on Windows or any directory location on Linux/OSX.
Installation and Administration Guide
Upcoming Releases and Major Features
- 1.0.0-alpha.7 (ACTIVE)
- OSX mount-at-boot support
- Linux RPM packages
- Windows mount-at-boot support
- Arch packages
- Solus packages
- The OSX FUSE implementation is currently being rewritten as a headless service to support mount-at-boot.
- Windows will be the final platform to be supported and will most likely take ~4-6 weeks to complete.
Ubuntu 16.04 / Linux Mint 18.3
- COMING SOON
- COMING RELATIVELY SOON
- SiaDrive JSON RPC API calls are not secure. This means any user with access to private API port (11110 by default) or 'siadrivecli' can mount, unmount and shutdown SiaDrive at any time. ACL's will be implemented in final release.
- Zero length files are not uploaded to Sia. Keep this in mind when creating new files. As soon as they are >0 bytes in length, they will be uploaded.
- It is strongly recommended to use the bundled Sia version; however, SiaDrive will work with existing Sia-UI or siad instances. If SiaDrive is being used, you should NOT add or remove files using Sia-UI or any other Sia client interface. Sia-UI can be safely used for all other functions. This may change in future releases. Partial support for synchronizing file changes between different clients has been added to 'siadrived' start-up but is not actively running.
- The wallet needs to be running (and unlocked) at all times, especially near contract renewal period. It's best to run SiaDrive on a computer that is powered-on most of the day.
- It's best to store files that do not change frequently. This is not a requirement but it can become a bit costly. Modified files result in a delete and re-upload to Sia. Future versions of Sia should make this less of an issue as deleted space will be reclaimed on hosts.
Bugs and Feature Requests
- C++ REST SDK
- JSON for Modern C++
- SC: 92ab371d2c0613d4379f1b3991873760906073f289ddd38855569639c9a258be0033ff37ad39
- BTC: 18FhNwu4vgun3AZxUav9ncVCCyxfH3H3GN