We should officially support Windows as a platform for SimulationTools. Most things are totally platform independent and just work. The things which are blocking a Windows release are:
- There is no h5mma binary for Windows, so reading HDF5 data is not supported.
- The filenames produced by Cactus simulations are not supported on Windows systems (see this ticket for details)
- We haven't run the unit tests on Windows.
Currently the following tutorials have issues with some or all of the examples:
- Importing Data (HDF5)
- Simulation Information (SimulationOverview)
- Grid functions
- Grid structure (ReadTimeRange)
- Advanced Analysis
- Gravitational Waves
- Black Hole
Otherwise, the examples in the tutorials have been tested and are fully functional.