data lost after migrate from to

Issue #223 resolved
Edward Liao created an issue


I just tested today, and I found a serious issue: after upgrade, some of my previous data configured in is missing from my serialized object.

I was upgrading from to, looks like it is not back compatible, is this by design, or just another bug?


Before upgrade. 1.png

After upgrade. 2.png

Comments (11)

  1. Tor Esa Vestergaard

    Hi, this is a bug, and we apologize for having let it slip through - full backwards compatibility with the serialization is a very high priority for us, and it's very disappointing that this seems to have happened despite our testing. We've heard some indications of this bug with dictionaries, but it's been extremely difficult to reproduce. We will attempt to reproduce it using your example data layout from the pictures - any piece of data helps. Thank you for reporting this issue, and again, we're sorry we let it happen.

    Finally, we would appreciate it deeply if you could use your source control to go back, and upload the asset containing the data that is lost on deserialization, for us to inspect when debugging. That would also be a great help!

  2. Edward Liao reporter

    See attached files, the affected asset has no changes after migrate, but the inspector is not able to display it correctly.


  3. Tor Esa Vestergaard

    Thank you. We're looking into why this data isn't deserializing properly, and will have a fix ready for you as soon as possible.

  4. Edward Liao reporter


    Any progress on this issue?

    For the moment, I need to decide to whether to upgrade or stay

    I am worry about continue using will force me to recreate all my data in future.

    If you are confident with, I will upgrade to it, since the lost I got here is not that harmful. I could manually recreate the data.

  5. Tor Esa Vestergaard

    Give me a day or two, and this will definitely be fixed. I am dedicating most of today towards this issue, and I will continue tomorrow if it is not fixed today. I wanted to give it a solid go earlier than this, but it's been a crazy weekend and start of the week, so I simply physically haven't had the time. You will have a fix very soon, though.

  6. Tor Esa Vestergaard

    Alright, using the data in your asset to reconstruct the deserialization process, I was able to work out exactly what was going wrong. I now have a fix for the issue, which I would like you to test to confirm that it works for your data (it definitely should). If you either post your email here, or send me a mail at, then I will send you a fixed build for testing.

  7. Log in to comment