1. What happened?
Setting “ValueEntry.SmartValue“ inside of attribute drawers or value drawers does not appear to work for enums or strings.
2. How can we reproduce it?
- Open up the scene named “Test”
- Click on the game object named “Test Script“ to inspect it
- Change the properties “My Enum” and “My String” for the “Test Script” component
- Click anywhere to un-inspect the game object (or enter play mode)
- Re-inspect the game object named “Test Script”
- Notice that the values have been reset
3. If screenshots would help explain or demonstrate your issue, please include these.
In this gif, I change the values, un-inspect the game object, and re-inspect it. It might be hard to tell since it loops.
(The enum drawer that I made draws enum values in alphabetical order, so Bat is actually the first/default value.)
4. What version of Unity are you using?
2018.4.14f1 - Personal
5. What version of Odin are you using? (See "Tools > Odin Inspector > About")
6. Do you have Editor Only mode enabled?
7. What operating system are you on?
Windows 10 64-bit
When attaching ZIP files then please remember to remove Odin from the archive.