django-starter is a django project template, that includes all best practices for configuring, developing, deploying and maintaining you project.
- Powerful build tools: waf, zc.buildout, make.
- Powerful development tools: South, django-debug-toolbar, django-extensions, django-test-utils, ipdb, ipython, ctags.
- Mainstream web development libraries: jQuery, Modernizr, SASS with Compass support, django-mediagenerator, solr-thumbnails.
- Best known configuration for Apache, HTML and CSS using HTML5 Boilerplate.
- Excellent documentation with documented best practices how to do things...
All these features combined in to one consistent and working project environment, that is easily customizable.
- Home page:
Creating new django projects based on django-starter is easy:
sudo apt-get install mercurial hg clone https://bitbucket.org/sirex/django-starter my-new-project cd my-new-project ./clean.sh sudo ./waf setup make run
... thats all, now you can start to work on your new project without thinking about various project infrastructure related things.