Surge of spam users called <something>80
The last seven days, five users have started following random projects of mine. All of these users:
- joined bitbucket 26 March 2012
- have usernames ending in 80
- have no repos, they are only following other projects
- seem to be following projects at random (such as projects called "test" with no commits)
- have a Website in their user settings
I suspect they are fishing for inbound links or inbound traffic.
No matter their intentions, they are adding noise without adding value to bitbucket. This should be addressed.
The user names of the users polluting my stream are: kellyo80, mariab80, henrya80, peterh80 and steven80.