Issue #4040 resolved

Unicode error with Jenkins service (BB-4199)

Radical Creations
created an issue

I've tried to set up a service for my repository radical / mean-machines to connect to my Jenkins installation via both Jenkins and POST integration. I've failed dramatically, without any debug or error information.

<<some of the private info removed>>

And got nothing. For both I see no hit from any outside world to my Apache proxy, and removing/adding the service brings no results as well. Last time I've checked I got some POST service response withing 10 seconds after doing //git push//, but no action at all on Jenkins.

Comments (9)

  1. Radical Creations reporter

    At this time I can confirm that the Jenkins service is reaching my server from time to time, meaning for every approx 5 pushes only once Jenkins service is actually trying to reach out. I got two different services that are using connecting to my server, so I can compare those two calls:

    [13/May/2012:12:48:58 +0200] "POST /jira/rest/bitbucket/1.0/repository/4/sync HTTP/1.1" 303 5183 "-" "Bitbucket.org"
    [13/May/2012:12:49:00 +0200] "GET /jira/rest/bitbucket/1.0/repository/4 HTTP/1.1" 401 314 "-" "Bitbucket.org"
    [13/May/2012:13:48:32 +0200] "POST /jira/rest/bitbucket/1.0/repository/4/sync HTTP/1.1" 303 5199 "-" "Bitbucket.org"
    [13/May/2012:13:48:34 +0200] "GET /jira/rest/bitbucket/1.0/repository/4 HTTP/1.1" 401 298 "-" "Bitbucket.org"
    [13/May/2012:13:56:00 +0200] "POST /jenkins/job/mean-machines/build?token=SECRET&cause=Triggered+by+push+of+revision+b2e573be751f%3A+%22MM-6%3A+Bardzo+prosty+test+na+deser%22+to+https%3A%2F%2Fbitbucket.org%2Fradical%2Fmean-machines%2F+by+uded HTTP/1.1" 302 5103 "-" "Bitbucket.org"
    [13/May/2012:13:56:00 +0200] "POST /jira/rest/bitbucket/1.0/repository/4/sync HTTP/1.1" 303 5199 "-" "Bitbucket.org"
    [13/May/2012:13:56:01 +0200] "GET /jira/rest/bitbucket/1.0/repository/4 HTTP/1.1" 401 298 "-" "Bitbucket.org"
    [13/May/2012:14:08:22 +0200] "POST /jira/rest/bitbucket/1.0/repository/4/sync HTTP/1.1" 303 5199 "-" "Bitbucket.org"
    [13/May/2012:14:08:24 +0200] "GET /jira/rest/bitbucket/1.0/repository/4 HTTP/1.1" 401 298 "-" "Bitbucket.org"
    [13/May/2012:14:38:19 +0200] "POST /jira/rest/bitbucket/1.0/repository/4/sync HTTP/1.1" 303 5199 "-" "Bitbucket.org"
    [13/May/2012:14:38:22 +0200] "GET /jira/rest/bitbucket/1.0/repository/4 HTTP/1.1" 401 298 "-" "Bitbucket.org"
    [13/May/2012:19:44:12 +0200] "POST /jira/rest/bitbucket/1.0/repository/4/sync HTTP/1.1" 303 5199 "-" "Bitbucket.org"
    [13/May/2012:19:44:13 +0200] "GET /jira/rest/bitbucket/1.0/repository/4 HTTP/1.1" 401 298 "-" "Bitbucket.org"
    [13/May/2012:20:03:19 +0200] "POST /jira/rest/bitbucket/1.0/repository/4/sync HTTP/1.1" 303 5199 "-" "Bitbucket.org"
    [13/May/2012:20:03:21 +0200] "GET /jira/rest/bitbucket/1.0/repository/4 HTTP/1.1" 401 298 "-" "Bitbucket.org"
    [13/May/2012:20:25:28 +0200] "POST /jira/rest/bitbucket/1.0/repository/4/sync HTTP/1.1" 303 5199 "-" "Bitbucket.org"
    [13/May/2012:20:25:29 +0200] "GET /jira/rest/bitbucket/1.0/repository/4 HTTP/1.1" 401 314 "-" "Bitbucket.org"
    [13/May/2012:20:25:28 +0200] "POST /jenkins/job/mean-machines/build?token=SECRET&cause=Triggered+by+push+of+revision+637035a5768f%3A+%22MM-6%3A+Fix+dla+testu%22+to+https%3A%2F%2Fbitbucket.org%2Fradical%2Fmean-machines%2F+by+uded HTTP/1.1" 302 5103 "-" "Bitbucket.org"
    [14/May/2012:01:16:07 +0200] "POST /jira/rest/bitbucket/1.0/repository/4/sync HTTP/1.1" 303 5199 "-" "Bitbucket.org"
    [14/May/2012:01:16:12 +0200] "GET /jira/rest/bitbucket/1.0/repository/4 HTTP/1.1" 401 298 "-" "Bitbucket.org"
    [14/May/2012:16:41:11 +0200] "POST /jira/rest/bitbucket/1.0/repository/4/sync HTTP/1.1" 303 5199 "-" "Bitbucket.org"
    [14/May/2012:16:41:14 +0200] "GET /jira/rest/bitbucket/1.0/repository/4 HTTP/1.1" 401 298 "-" "Bitbucket.org"
    
    
  2. Dylan Etkin

    Hi Radical,

    It looks like the cause of this is that some of your commits contain unicode characters in the commit message that we are just not dealing with correctly.

    We are incorrectly trying to treat it like ascii and the service is blowing up.

    I believe the commits that are making it through are those that fit in the ascii range.

    We will look into this, sorry for the trouble, cheers,

    Dylan

  3. Radical Creations reporter

    Hi Dylan,

    Yes, that might be the case. I took a closer look at the list of my recent commits and all of those that failed fit into the scenario. I would be grateful if someone can fix that, as I want to keep using my Polish based comments with national characters :)

  4. Log in to comment