Pushing new branch triggers comments to issues
From a support issue:
I'm having a problem and I 'm not sure if it is a bug or if it is pilot error.
I recently started marking issues 'resolved' by including "Fixed #x" in my commit messages. This marks the issue resolved as expected. However, now any time I push a new branch to bitbucket each issue that was 'auto-marked' previously is auto marked again. Here is the workflow that reproduces this problem:
- Create local branch X
- Push branch X to origin
- Alter branch X locally
- Commit branch X locally with message that includes "Fixed
#1" to mark issue 1 resolved.
- Push branch X to origin *** At this point, issue
#1is automatically marked resolved.
- Create and accept pull request to merge branch X with master
- Locally, checkout master and pull from origin
- Create new branch Y.
- Push branch Y to origin *** At this point, issue
#1is commented on again automatically It seems like the "Fixed #1" message is persisting somehow and each time I push a branch, it triggers another round of issue comments and emails. I'm using Git if that matters.