+1 not being able to link to headers on long READMEs is very frustrating. I'm surprised the parser can't just create an id for headers. This issue needs to be re-opened. I'd commit a patch to make this work if it knew where to or even if I could?
Yes, John is right on! This cannot be considered true markdown as long as the consumer must know internal implementation details of bitbucket's parser. The purpose of MarkDown/CommonMark is to be universal! Continuing on the stubborn path of keeping the link generation logic unique just fractures the community.
Is the resolution portable to other system's that render markdown. Prefixing with 'markdown-header' seems highly annoying if not. Just started attempting to use your wiki feature and this seems to be a deal breaker for me.
Throwing my two cents in.
I'd been toying with trying to document my office's workflow in markdown, adding relevant reference/anchor links to assist in navigation and integration.
Not supporting the features that are claimed to work (even showcasing them not working) is a major misstep.
This is a blocker as someone who's trying to use this in an enterprise environment.
I spoke directly with a few members of the Atlassian Product Management team the other day and mentioned this request to them, so it is my sincere hope they will give this another look! Happy (Western) New Year, everyone!
I think it is related, but I did not see exact example here.
1. [Milestone 1](#mile-01)
1. [The first step](#mile-01-step1)
2. [The second step](#mile-01-step2)
3. [The third step](#mile-01-step3)
## <aname="mile-01">The project's part 1</a>
### <aname="mile-01-step1">The very first step</a>
### <aname="mile-01-step2">Another step</a>
### <aname="mile-01-step3">Yet another step, maybe the last</a>
the first link works. But others do not work. It seems to me there is no rendering on level 3 header.
After anchoring the header "mile-01", it is rendered as hyperlink, I do not think it is ok.
Just created a repository to better illustrate the problem and I realized that even list was messed up.