Can't Mark Pull Request As Merged When Using Squashed Merges (BB-9886)
Currently, my team's workflow is the following:
- Create a new branch for every ticket.
- Make all changes for that ticket to the branch.
- Have someone else review the branch.
- If issues found, have the submitter add new changes.
- Else, use "git merge --squash" to merge the changes from the new branch back to the base branch.
We want to start using pull requests to help with code review but the current system does not recognize squashed merges and there is no way to manually mark a request as merged. This forces us to deny all pull requests in Bitbucket in order to close them.
Please update the pull request interface to either recognize squashed merges or allow the user to force the pull request into a "MERGED" status.