By accident, I have noticed, that when you put domain / URL into repository's description, it will be converted (everywhere such description is displayed) to working, clickable link.
This, however, doesn't work for all domains.
I noticed, that:
- it works for
.comdomain (i.e. This is repository for example.com project),
- it doesn't work for
.pldomain (i.e. This is repository for example.pl project).
I don't know, if there is some kind of pattern for that (for example -- all commercial-like top level domains are recognized and converted into links, while all country-code top level domains are ignored) or if not recognizing
.pl is just a single, unrelated bug.
I'm talking specifically about repository description, not Markdown formatter used in issues, comments etc. (that's why on above list both examples doesn't work).