Did the final bit of plumbing to make Scully actually play games with the
game server. It works!
Added LICENSE.markdown files to all my projects. Annoying, but if it staves
off the people complaining for a while it's worth the extra wasted bytes.
Chatted with my advisor about the next step for fixing the combinatorial rule
tree explosions in Scully.
Added a restart to cl-nrepl to let me specify a new port to use more
easily, if the default one is already in use. Common Lisp's condition system
is really powerful but also really obtuse, and I don't seem to use it often
enough to really get it into my stupid brain.
Added a couple of docstrings to cl-pcg. Still not sure about the API
layout... I think I need to try it in a real game to see how it feels.
Did a bunch of stuff on my team's game. I really need to dig into the Unity
Whipped up some docs for cl-pcg. I think I'll just call it released in
the next day or two and see where it goes from there.
Watched a big chunk more of the Unity course. I've made a bunch in Unity
already but it's good to follow along with a class and fill in all the gaps in
my self-learned knowledge.
Added a test harness to cl-pcg. Need to write a couple of simple tests.
Worked on the game a bit more with my team at the end of class.
Watched "5 Bits of Good Game Design from 2015" GMTK video. I especially
like the bits about downtime in games and about giving players a reason not
to do something (like saving or killing every enemy).
Fixed a nasty bug in our game. Multiplayer is hard (at least in Unity).
Added a simple Monte Carlo player to cl-ggp. It'll be used as an example
during my ELS talk. Also added some additional GDL cleaning to cl-ggp's
Looked around for a simple, cross-platform way to just play a WAV file from
Common Lisp (or at least from C (which I can wrap with CFFI) but apparently
nothing exists. Computers are awful.
Gonna try updating this thing again now that I'm settled back into the US.
Tried my first Aeropress coffee. It was a bit sour, which I think is due
to underextraction. Gonna try again with a finer grind (today's was a 13).
Read a bit more of The Whole Shebang. It's good,
but the bit on the "evolution" of the universe seems like a bit of a stretch,
given that there's not replication mechanism like DNA has.
Refactored the rate-limiting macro in Bria to be more general. Of course
I immediately ran into edge cases because I'm using this to rate-limit
reloading of the entire bot, which means than all the forms get re-evaluated.
So using a gensym for the key in the macro was not gonna work. But at least
I ran into those edge cases early.
Started reading through ergolib. Lots of stuff in it, some of it
interesting, some of it a bit crazy. It's fun to see how other people
implement some of the utilities as in my own utils library.
Started working on this month's Hackerbox.
Got the headers soldered to the Arduino Nano and the pan/tilt thing assembled.
Checked that the sketchy drivers worked to dump code to the Nano and they
appear to be okay.
Finished reading the code of EasyWFC.
I'll probably try to implement Wave Function Collapse on stream this week.
Did some preliminary work to get it out of the way for the WFC stream
tomorrow, mostly remembering how to use Sketch.
Streamed. Did some work on WFC, though we didn't finish.
Did a bit more on Hacker Box 24. Finished putting the hardware
together, and got the Processing sketch to work with the webcam (finally).