MNM4SDR is GUI for remote Raspberry-Pi (Raspbian with rtl-sdr installed) and DVB-T dongle over SSH connection with Low bandwidth and Stability as goals.
Figure 1. An Example of Scanning GSM-900 European Downlink band
- Listen to audio from Remote RPi by streaming back from station to your desktop, FLAC and OGG (higher CPU usage) encoded.
- Stream rate could be set to 192000 bit/s and it makes possible RDS decoding with RDS Spy. (Because of FLAC encoder stream rate could be lower but 192000 is safe bet)
- Scanning RF bands (Spectrum and Waterfall diagrams)
- Save CSV file of scanned band for further analysis or as input to the heatmap.py or similar program.
- Save raw output of rtl_fm for further analysis.
- Controlling rtl_tcp in much convenient manner so You can connect third party software (SDR#, GQRX, ...) and switch between RPis as easy as a couple of clicks.
- Save raw IQ data at specified frequency and sample rate.
- There is not any limitation on the number of running MNM4SDR as long as any of running MNM4SDR session is connected to different RPi station. So you can work with many of RPi stations in parallel.
- For the people with Up/Down converters, The offset frequency can be set now.
The name MNM4SDR belongs to management program installed on the Management station (It is PC with Windows operating system on it) and used to scan RF bands or specific frequency, log results to file and execute remote commands in order to demodulated signal could be streamed back from Monitoring station. MNM4SDR stands for Monitoring Network Manager for RTL-SDR <p align="center"> </p>
System is developed and tested with Raspbian on the Raspberry-Pi B+, but You can use whatever flavor of linux you want. Here is the very simple script I've used to speed up installation of all necessary components on clean Raspbian. I've tested it (but not thoroughly) and it works on fresh new Raspbian 2015-05-05. The script must be run with root privileges but make it executable at first (chmod +x <file>)
#!/bin/bash echo "UPDATING SYSTEM AND INSTALLING PACKAGES..." apt-get update apt-get install vlc apt-get install git cmake libusb-1.0-0-dev build-essential apt-get install libtool autoconf automake libfftw3-dev echo "MY HUAWEI E3131 3G MODEM REQUIRES THIS ..." apt-get install sg3-utils echo "BUILDING RTL-SDR..." git clone git://git.osmocom.org/rtl-sdr.git cd rtl-sdr/ mkdir build cd build cmake ../ -DINSTALL_UDEV_RULES=ON make make install ldconfig printf '%s\n%s\n%s\n' 'blacklist dvb_usb_rtl28xxu' 'blacklist rtl2830' 'blacklist rtl2832' >> /etc/modprobe.d/rtl283x-blacklist.conf depmod -a cd ../../ echo "BUILDING KALIBRATE-RTL..." git clone https://github.com/steve-m/kalibrate-rtl cd kalibrate-rtl/ ./bootstrap ./configure make make install ldconfig echo "FINISHED, REBOOT NOW!!!"
This wiki could be found at:
$ git clone https://email@example.com/slaven_krilic/mnm4sdr.git/wiki