See https://bitbucket.org/sleitner/yt-scripts/ for related scripts (+ working; - broken)
- +Slices - yt-scripts/slice.py
- +Basic Halo finding - yt-scripts/halo.py :
required changes: hash table filled up too quickly and apply to all particles.
- +Star formation histories - yt-scripts/sfh.py :
required changes: (1) data_containers.py: volume() fails -- data_size-type issue (setting data_size=1 in identify_base_chunk -> fwidth issue) (1 fix) *HACK/NEW BUG* data_containers.py: volume returns 1 always (2) script needs to reference ("stars", "creation_time") in order for ("stars", "particle_age") derived field to be accessible. (3) minor modifications -- tmin bin was .99*max lookback instead of 1.01; particle_age is returned in seconds; sign of dt fixed.
- -Projections - yt-scripts/projection.py : fails http://paste.yt-project.org/show/qbp4gWdjvQfnW6DDNITz/ -- needs entire geometry (data_size+icoords/ires) before filling so that merging across processors is efficient. Talking to Matt about a fix ~4/14.
- -profiling - yt-scripts/sphereprofile.py : http://paste.yt-project.org/show/DpEcVxFHS47zXrEj3FJu -- alos wants fwidth for some reason even after Doug's PR to yt-3.0.
- -profiling halos - yt-scripts/haloprofile.py : periodic_region_strict http://paste.yt-project.org/show/4vYgibiFW5snxfza04Fc
- -phase plot - yt-scripts/phaseplots.py : data_size
- -histogram 1D - yt-scripts/histogram1D.py : data_size
- -pdf - yt-scripts/pdf.py : data_size
- Slices - Working
- Probability Distribution Functions - Working
- Phase Plot - Working, but pc = PlotCollection(pf, 'c') fails because ARTIOGeometryHandler needs attributes find_max-->find_max_cell_location-->grid levels). But, you can set the halo center manually.
- 1D Histogram - Working for n vs. T
- Projections - Working
- Radial profiles - Not working, need to RadiusMpc needs to be included in the field
- Multiple Fields Simultaneously - Working: Density, GasEnergy, Pressure, Temperature work; but Entropy & Vorticity need to be added
- Accessing & Modifying Plots Directly - Have not yet tested, but should be fine
- Off-Axis Slicing - Not working: pf.h.find_max() is a problem; pf.h.sphere() takes in pre-defined center (but do not need to define the argument with center='..') ; AngularMomentumVector needs to be fed as a derived quantity (?)
- Volume Rendering - Not working: in camera.py: in amr_kdtree.py: AttributeError: 'ARTIOGeometryHandler' object has no attribute 'grids'
- Average Field Value - Working
- Mass Enclosed in a Sphere - Not working. artio doesn't have find_max. [http://paste.yt-project.org/show/3095/ traceback]
- Gobal Phase Plot - Not working, same error as above. [http://paste.yt-project.org/show/3096/ traceback]
- Radial Velocity Profile - Not working. "Particle support not implemented." [http://paste.yt-project.org/show/3097/ traceback]
- Simulation Analysis - Not working. There is a "simulation" method that doesn't appear to be set up for ART code. It appears to belong to SimulationTimeSeries, but neither is in the API listing.
- Time Series Analysis - Working
- Multi-Plot - Not working: problem in defining multiple keyword argument 'center' in add_slice() func
- Multi-Width Image- Working
- Multi-Plot Slice and Projections - Not working: pf.h.slice() function does not recognize keyword argument in fields: VelocityMagnitude also needs to be added on the field
- Multi-Plot Multi-Panal - Not working: same issue as Multi-Plot
- Advanced Multi-Plot Multi-Panel - Working
- Projecting Off-Axis - Not working: projcam.snapshot()
- Projecting Off-Axis with a Colorbar - Not working: same as above
- Thin-Slice Projections -Not working: pc.add_projection, complaining about data_source=region set by pf.h.region() - try with another data container
- Plotting Particles over Fluids - Not working: needs particle data
- Overplotting Velocity Vectors - Working
- Overplotting Contours - Working
- Styling Radial Profile Plots - Not working
- Moving a Volume Rendering Camera - Not working: in camera.py: in amr_kdtree.py: AttributeError: 'ARTIOGeometryHandler' object has no attribute 'grids'
- Zooming into an Image - Working
- Opaque Volume Rendering - Not working: in camera.py: in amr_kdtree.py: AttributeError: 'ARTIOGeometryHandler' object has no attribute 'grids'
- Downsampling Data for Volume Rendering - Not working: in camera.py: in amr_kdtree.py: AttributeError: 'ARTIOGeometryHandler' object has no attribute 'grids'
- Halo Finding -yt : [WARNING ] 2013-01-30 11:44:17,404 No particle_type, no creation_time, so not distinguishing. yt.utilities.exceptions.YTFieldNotFound: Could not find field '('unknown', 'particle_mass')' in CL104_a1.0016.art. [http://paste.yt-project.org/show/pS5z2D2zxOjCNM1Kutge]
- Plotting Halos - not working... same problem as halo_finding.py [http://paste.yt-project.org/show/BDuzsmAIBMr61HlrpUQ8]
- Plotting Halo Particles - not working for the same reason [http://paste.yt-project.org/show/WZhKp0eS8mXPytTY9Li9]
- Halo Information -not working for the same reason [http://paste.yt-project.org/show/oYEELTE8qnc6Pj4A31OR]
- Halo Profiling & Custom Analysis - AttributeError: 'ARTIOGeometryHandler' object has no attribute 'periodic_region_strict' [http://paste.yt-project.org/show/fJ1kEALyRTSo3ROcybOP]
- Light Cone Projection - param, vals = (i.strip() for i in line.split("=")) ValueError: too many values to unpack [http://paste.yt-project.org/show/9zYQdSeqO0aKeowOmQIi]
- Light Cone with Halo Mask - same as above [http://paste.yt-project.org/show/ybp69yoc3mX5Q6FkcaC2]
- Making Unique Light Cones - same as above [http://paste.yt-project.org/show/uNfZYodK1PIPjCPdiEre]
- Making Light Rays - same as above [http://paste.yt-project.org/show/9nSlQKPxbz440rRu9ghw]
- Identifying Clumps - Not working. Appears to be trying to iterate over an empty set. [http://paste.yt-project.org/show/fk52aCkTeDW7yxhZYPoR/ traceback]
- Boolean Data Objects - Not working. "Sphere too small" error. This has stopped other code from working too. [http://paste.yt-project.org/show/nwhRkB2eiEU5nt8KtbuL/ traceback]
- Extracting Fixed Resolution Data - working
- Saving Profiles for Later - Not working: profile making not implemented [http://paste.yt-project.org/show/fOqsskLpTf0CxVDnCmyy/ traceback]
- Free-Free Emission - Working
- Hydrostatic Equilibrium - Not working: ThermalEnergy not a field [http://paste.yt-project.org/show/g2iSbAF92sNPgB1VUXxj traceback]
- add a line " from yt.config import ytcfg; ytcfg["yt","serialize"]="False" " at the top of the line.
- mpirun -np 2 python parallel_projection.py did not run: parallel (tried on BDM); error message: issue pc.add_projection() -- unexpected keyword argument 'source'
- testing parallel projection routine
- python2.7 parallel_projection.py -- ran and took about 37 sec
- mpirun -np 1 python parallel_projection.py - ran and took about 37 sec
- mpirun -np 2 python parallel_projection.py - ran and took about 38 sec
Position info for grid data
Manipulating particle data
- creating particle fields