* ``settings``: A dict of application settings (e.g., as parsed from an INI
- file), or a dict containing engine args. If this argument is passed, I
- call ``sqlalchemy.engine_from_config(settings, prefix)``.
+ file). If this argument is passed, I call
+ ``sqlalchemy.engine_from_config(settings, prefix)``.
* ``name``: The engine name. This is used to retrieve the engine later. The
default name is "default".
The default value is "sqlalchemy.", which tells SQLAlchemy to use the
keys starting with "sqlalchemy." for this engine.
+ Note: SQLAlchemy does not allow ``prefix`` to be ``""``. If you have the
+ exact engine args in a dict without a prefix, pass them as keyword args.
* ``engine``: An existing SQLAlchemy engine. If you pass this you can't
pass ``settings``, ``prefix``, or ``**engine_args``.