Welcome to wiki for the oauth2python repository.
A humble table of contents
At the moment, these are your options:
- overview -- a brief (yet very descriptive), three-step overview of the steps necessary to get what you need from the module
- tutorial -- a "Hello, World!" tutorial. I show you how to write an application that uses Esme to do some OAuth 2.0 resource fetching.
- docs -- a quickly scribbled documentation.
So pick where you want to go, don't be shy.
What is it?
An implementation of the client side of OAuth 2.0 -- sporting a different approach.
Why should you bother with it?
Let’s be honest -- there are Python OAuth 2.0 implementations out there. One of them straight from Google. Is there any point in publishing another one?
Yes, if it’s different: instead of providing you with a set of twenty loosely-connected classes and methods that will merely aid you during your trip through the OAuth 2.0 flow, this implementation strives to make the process of token acquisition, storing, refreshing and -- ultimately -- using as simple and hassle-free as sanely possible.
A few features to highlight:
- one object to rule them all
- automagic token refreshing
- complete AppEngine (Datastore + Memcache) integration
Also, a live demo application is available right here.