A new SCons checkpoint release, 2.1.0.final.0, is now available
on the SCons download page:
Here is a summary of the changes since 2.0:
- SCons can now automatically embed manifests in Windows executables
and DLLs, by setting WINDOWS_EMBED_MANIFEST in the environment.
- SCons now searches for site_scons dirs in several system-wide
and per-user locations, in addition to the SConstruct top dir.
This should enable much easier use of third-party (non-core)
CHANGED/ENHANCED EXISTING FUNCTIONALITY
- scons --version now prints the path to the SCons package in use
- List modifications to existing features, where the previous behavior
wouldn't actually be considered a bug
- Add initial support for VS/VC 2010
- Windows resource compiler (RC) scanner now handles DOS line endings
- Visual Studio project generation now works when CPPPATH contains Dir nodes
- Visual Studio projects are regenerated when CPPPATH or CPPDEFINES change
NOTE: this will cause all MSVS projects to be regenerated with this version.
- Passing MSVC_BATCH=False works now (treated same as 0)
- Long compile lines no longer break MSVC_BATCH mode
- RPATH is now in LINKCOM rather than LINKFLAGS, so resetting
LINKFLAGS doesn't kill RPATH
- Precompiled headers on Windows no longer break when used with
variant dirs containing spaces.
- Delete can now delete symlinks to directories and broken symlinks
- CPPDEFINES containing dictionaries now work better.
- A problem with using implicit-cache and removing dependencies on
disk is corrected.
- A problem with FS Entries which are dirs and have builders
- A problem with Install() of a dir when the dest dir exists
- Windows subprocess output should now be more reliable.
- The users guide and man page have various fixes.
- Appending to default $*FLAGS in a copied environment
now works properly.
- LaTeX scanner is improved for broken lines or embedded spaces.
- Windows UNC paths (\\SERVER\SHARE\dir) now work much better.
- ParseFlags now supports -std=c++0x and related CXXFLAGS
- ParseFlags now supports -dylib_file from pkgconfig
- New debugging options to print unlink/relinking of variant files
(--debug=duplicate) and preparation of targets (--debug=prepare).
- SCons can now generate MSVS 9.0 and 10.0 Projects and Solutions.
- MSVS Solution generation is improved.
- Fortran 03 is supported (preliminary)
- .sx files are now treated as assembly sources.
- site_scons/site_init.py is now treated as a proper module
with __doc__, __file__ and __name__.
- TeX command strings now work on Windows when the new dir is
on a different drive letter.
- DMD version 2 is supported (using the phobos2 library)
- New --debug=prepare option shows each target as it's prepared
for building; can help when you don't know why a target isn't
- Added new getting started section
for their contributions to this release.