IDEA setup notes
I have used this procedure on both IDEA Unlimited (non-free) and IDEA Community (free).
- I'm using IDEA 10.5.1
- This guide assumes we are still using SBT 0.7
- Download the latest Scala plugin from here, and place the unzipped Scala directory in $HOME/.IntelliJIdea10/config/plugins/
- Also, install the SBT plugin from the plugin repo. (You might want to skip the repo and just grab the latest version, like you did with the Scala plugin.
- Follow the SBT setup instructions on http://code.google.com/p/simple-build-tool/wiki/Setup. NOTE: you should not download
sbt-launch.jarfrom the website. Instead, copy
$HOME/bin/sbt-launch.jarand proceed from there. Just go to the point at which you can execute the "sbt" command. No need to create a project since we already have one.
- Once you have an sbt console up and running (from the project root), you can generate the IDEA project thusly (see stackoverflow):
> *sbtIdeaRepo at http://mpeltonen.github.com/maven/ > *idea is com.github.mpeltonen sbt-idea-processor 0.4.0 ... > update ... > idea ...
Then you should be able to open the project in IDEA.
- Do not enable type-aware highlighting. It doesn't work, and lots of stuff will be reported as errors.
- You'll also want to enable Mercurial support. Menu Bar > Version Control > ...