Version 1.5 - 2010-12-01
Re-branded as django-output-validator and packaged properly.
If you used the previous version, you should drop the old 'validator_validationfailure' table (assuming it doesn't have any data you need, of course). Then go through the installation instructions in the README and update the name/values of the relevant settings.
Fixed stashing of request objects (now uses repr). This is BACKWARDS INCOMPATIBLE with existing data (but we are using a new table anyway).
Version 1.4 - 2008-04-28
- Changed maxlength to max_length, as per change in Django.
- Corrections to instructions (thanks to Gary Wilson)
- Fixed deprecation warnings (thanks to Gary Wilson)
Version 1.3 - 2007-11-05
Updated for unicodisation of Django.
This is a BACKWARDS INCOMPATIBLE change.
The problem was caused by the fact that you used to able to store arbitrary binary data in a TextField, which is no longer possible. As a result, I am using base64 encoding for any pickled objects. I haven't written an upgrade script for the database (since I personally keep the list of failed pages to zero). If you are upgrading from a previous version, any of your existing ValidationFailure objects will be corrupted (the 'request' and 'response' data will be lost). Either deal with the errors before upgrading, or write a conversion script of some kind :-)
Version 1.2 - 2007-04-18
- Fixed bug that occurred when settings.VALIDATOR_APP_IGNORE_PATHS wasn't set
- Added logic to stop duplicate failures being logged
Version 1.1 - 2005-12-14
- Added optional VALIDATOR_APP_IGNORE_PATHS setting.
- Added support for mod_python handler - thanks to 'nesh'.
- Added a setup.py script.
Version 1.0 - 2005-11-19
- Initial release