* ``DATABASE_ENGINE`` -- Either 'postgresql_psycopg2', 'mysql' or 'sqlite3'.
Other backends are `also available`_.
* ``DATABASE_NAME`` -- The name of your database, or the full (absolute)
- path to the database file if you're using SQLite.
+ path to the database file if you're using SQLite.
* ``DATABASE_USER`` -- Your database username (not used for SQLite).
* ``DATABASE_PASSWORD`` -- Your database password (not used for SQLite).
* ``DATABASE_HOST`` -- The host your database is on. Leave this as an
this point. Do that with "``CREATE DATABASE database_name;``" within your
database's interactive prompt.
+ If you're using SQLite, you don't need to create anything beforehand - the
+ database file will be created automatically when it is needed.
While you're editing ``settings.py``, take note of the ``INSTALLED_APPS``
setting towards the bottom of the file. That variable holds the names of all
Django applications that are activated in this Django instance. Apps can be