Installing the official version
-1. Download Django-0.91.tar.gz from our `download page`_.
-2. ``tar xzvf Django-0.91.tar.gz``
+1. Download Django-0.95.tar.gz from our `download page`_.
+2. ``tar xzvf Django-0.95.tar.gz``
4. ``sudo python setup.py install``
Note that the last command will automatically download and install setuptools_
This will install Django in your Python installation's ``site-packages``
- Due to recent backwards-incompatible changes, it is strongly recommended
- that you use the development version (below) for any new applications or
- if you are just starting to work with Django. The 0.91 release is a
- dead-end branch that is primarily of use for supporting legacy Django
.. _setuptools: http://peak.telecommunity.com/DevCenter/setuptools
Installing the development version