- Fix problem with space in WORKON_HOME path (:bbissue:`79`).
- Hard-code the version information in the setup.py and conf.py
scripts. This still doesn't work for http://readthedocs.org, since
the doc build needs the sphinxcontrib.bitbucket extension, but
will make it easier to transition the docs to another site later.
- Attempted to make the doc build work with http://readthedocs.org.
- Merged in `Japanese translation of the documentation
- Incorporate a suggestion from Ales Zoulek to let the user specify
the virtualenv binary through an environment variable
- Fixed virtualenvwrapper_get_python_version (:bbissue:`73`).
- Fixed a problem with hook script line endings under Cygwin
- Updated documentation to include a list of the compatible shells
(:ref:`supported-shells`) and Python versions
- Fixed installation dependency on virtualenv (:bbissue:`60`).
- Fixed the method for determining the Python version so it works
under Python 2.4 (:bbissue:`61`).
- Converted the test infrastructure to use `tox
<http://codespeak.net/tox/index.html>`_ instead of home-grown
scripts in the Makefile.
- Point release uploaded to PyPI during outage on doughellmann.com.
- Apply patch from Zach Voase to fix :ref:`command-lsvirtualenv`
under zsh. Resolves :bbissue:`64`.
- Make :ref:`command-workon` list brief environment details when run
without argument, instead of full details.
- Add :ref:`command-showvirtualenv` command. Modify
:ref:`command-lsvirtualenv` to make verbose output the default.
- Add :ref:`command-lsvirtualenv` command with ``-l`` option to run
:ref:`scripts-get_env_details` hook instead of always running it
when :ref:`command-workon` has no arguments.
- Added ``get_env_details`` hook.
- Integrate Fred Palmer's patch to escape more shell commands to
avoid aliases. Resolves :bbissue:`57`.
- Fix a problem with egrep argument escaping (:bbissue:`55`).
- Fix a problem with running mkvirtualenv without arguments (:bbissue:`56`).
- Escape ``which`` calls to avoid aliases. Resolves :bbissue:`46`.
- Integrate Manuel Kaufmann's patch to unset GREP_OPTIONS before
calling grep. Resolves :bbissue:`51`.
- Escape ``$`` in regex to resolve :bbissue:`53`.
- Escape ``rm`` to avoid issues with aliases and resolve
- Switched hook loader execution to a form that works with Python
2.4 to resolve :bbissue:`43`.
- Tested under Python 2.7b1. See :bbissue:`44`.
- Incorporated performance improvements from David Wolever. See
- Added some debug instrumentation for :bbissue:`35`.
- Added `Spanish translation for the documentation
Manuel Kaufmann's fork at
- Fixed improper use of python from ``$PATH`` instead of the
location where the wrappers are installed. See :bbissue:`41`.
- Quiet spurrious error/warning messages when deactivating a
virtualenv under zsh. See :bbissue:`42`.
- Add support for ksh. Thanks to Doug Latornell for doing the
research on what needed to be changed.
- Test import of virtualenvwrapper.hook_loader on startup and report
the error in a way that should help the user figure out how to fix
- Update :ref:`command-mkvirtualenv` documentation to include the
fact that a new environment is activated immediately after it is
- Added hooks around :ref:`command-cpvirtualenv`.
- Made deactivation more robust, especially under ksh.
- Use Python's ``tempfile`` module for creating temporary filenames
safely and portably.
- Fix a problem with ``virtualenvwrapper_show_workon_options`` that
caused it to show ``*`` as the name of a virtualenv when no
environments had yet been created.
- Change the hook loader so it can be told to run only a set of
- Add support for listing the available hooks, to be used in help
output of commands like virtualenvwrapper.project's mkproject.
- Fix mkvirtualenv -h option behavior.
- Change logging so the $WORKON_HOME/hook.log file rotates after
- Fixed :bbissue:`32`, making virtualenvwrapper.user_scripts compatible
with Python 2.5 again.
- Fixed :bbissue:`29`, to use a default value for ``TMPDIR`` if it
is not set in the user's shell environment.
- Rewrote hook management using Distribute_ entry points to make it
easier to share extensions.
.. _Distribute: http://packages.python.org/distribute/
- Added cpvirtualenv command [Thomas Desvenain]
- Fix a problem with error messages showing up during init for users
with the wrappers installed site-wide but who are not actually
using them. See :bbissue:`26`.
- Split up the tests into multiple files.
- Run all tests with all supported shells.
- Merged in changes to cdsitepackages from William McVey. It now
takes an argument and supports tab-completion for directories
- Add user provided :ref:`tips-and-tricks` section.
- Add link to Rich Leland's screencast to :ref:`references` section.
- Add license text to the header of the script.
- Resolve a bug with the preactivate hook not being run properly.
Refer to :bbissue:`21` for complete details.
- Resolve a bug with the postmkvirtualenv hook not being run
properly. Refer to :bbissue:`19` and :bbissue:`20` for complete
- Automatically create any missing hook scripts as stubs with
comments to expose the feature in case users are not aware of it.
- Better protection of ``$WORKON_HOME`` does not exist when the
wrapper script is sourced.
- Incorporate lssitepackages feature from Sander Smits.
- Refactor some of the functions that were using copy-and-paste code
to build path names.
- Add a few tests.
- Fix problem with add2virtualenv and relative paths. Thanks to Doug
Latornell for the bug report James Bennett for the suggested fix.
- Incorporate patch from Sascha Brossmann to fix a
:bbissue:`15`. Directory normalization was causing ``WORKON_HOME``
to appear to be a missing directory if there were control
characters in the output of ``pwd``.
- Remove warning during installation if sphinxcontrib.paverutils is
not installed. (:bbissue:`10`)
- Added some basic developer information to the documentation.
- Added documentation for deactivate command.
- Added documentation updates provided by Steve Steiner.
- Merged in changes to ``cdvirtualenv`` from wam and added tests and
- Merged in changes to make error messages go to stderr, also
provided by wam.
- Better error handling in mkvirtualenv.
- Remove bogus VIRTUALENV_WRAPPER_BIN variable.
- Wrap the virtualenv version of deactivate() with one that lets us
invoke the predeactivate hooks.
- Fix virtualenvwrapper_show_workon_options for colorized versions
of ls and write myself a note so I don't break it again later.
- Convert test.sh to use true tests with `shunit2
- Fix :bbissue:`5` by correctly handling symlinks and limiting the
list of envs to things that look like they can be activated.
- Check return value of virtualenvwrapper_verify_workon_home
everywhere, thanks to Jeff Forcier for pointing out the errors.
- Fix instructions at top of README, pointed out by Matthew Scott.
- Add cdvirtualenv and cdsitepackages, contributed by James Bennett.
- Enhance test.sh.
- Optimize virtualenvwrapper_show_workon_options.
- Add global postactivate hook.
- Pull in fix for colorized ls from Jeff Forcier
- Add more hooks for operations to run before and after creating or
deleting environments based on changes from Chris Hasenpflug.
- Corrected a problem with change to mkvirtualenv that lead to
release 1.8 by using an alternate fix proposed by James in
comments on release 1.4.
- Fix for processing the argument list in mkvirtualenv from
- Move to bitbucket.org for hosting
- clean up TODO list and svn keywords
- add license section below
- More zsh support (fixes to rmvirtualenv) from Byron Clark.
- Add completion support for zsh, courtesy of Ted Leung.
- Fix some issues with spaces in directory or env names. They still
don't really work with virtualenv, though.
- Added documentation for the postactivate and predeactivate scripts.
- Includes a new .pth management function based on work contributed
by James Bennett and Jannis Leidel.
- Includes a fix for a nasty bug in rmvirtualenv identified by John Shimek.