- Merged in Japanese translation of the documentation from Tetsuya Morimoto.
- Fixed virtualenvwrapper_get_python_version (:bbissue:`73`).
- Fixed a problem with hook script line endings under Cygwin (:bbissue:`68`).
- Updated documentation to include a list of the compatible shells (:ref:`supported-shells`) and Python versions (:ref:`supported-versions`) (:bbissue:`70`).
- Fixed installation dependency on virtualenv (:bbissue:`60`).
- Fixed the method for determining the Python version so it works under Python 2.4 (:bbissue:`61`).
- Converted the test infrastructure to use tox instead of home-grown scripts in the Makefile.
- Point release uploaded to PyPI during outage on doughellmann.com.
- Make :ref:`command-workon` list brief environment details when run without argument, instead of full details.
- Added get_env_details hook.
- Added Spanish translation for the documentation via Manuel Kaufmann's fork at http://bitbucket.org/humitos/virtualenvwrapper-es-translation/
- Fixed improper use of python from $PATH instead of the location where the wrappers are installed. See :bbissue:`41`.
- Quiet spurrious error/warning messages when deactivating a virtualenv under zsh. See :bbissue:`42`.
- Add support for ksh. Thanks to Doug Latornell for doing the research on what needed to be changed.
- Test import of virtualenvwrapper.hook_loader on startup and report the error in a way that should help the user figure out how to fix it (:bbissue:`33`).
- Update :ref:`command-mkvirtualenv` documentation to include the fact that a new environment is activated immediately after it is created (:bbissue:`30`).
- Added hooks around :ref:`command-cpvirtualenv`.
- Made deactivation more robust, especially under ksh.
- Use Python's tempfile module for creating temporary filenames safely and portably.
- Fix a problem with virtualenvwrapper_show_workon_options that caused it to show * as the name of a virtualenv when no environments had yet been created.
- Change the hook loader so it can be told to run only a set of named hooks.
- Add support for listing the available hooks, to be used in help output of commands like virtualenvwrapper.project's mkproject.
- Fix mkvirtualenv -h option behavior.
- Change logging so the $WORKON_HOME/hook.log file rotates after 10KiB.
- Fixed :bbissue:`32`, making virtualenvwrapper.user_scripts compatible with Python 2.5 again.
- Fixed :bbissue:`29`, to use a default value for TMPDIR if it is not set in the user's shell environment.
- Rewrote hook management using Distribute entry points to make it easier to share extensions.
- Added cpvirtualenv command [Thomas Desvenain]
- Fix a problem with error messages showing up during init for users with the wrappers installed site-wide but who are not actually using them. See :bbissue:`26`.
- Split up the tests into multiple files.
- Run all tests with all supported shells.
- Merged in changes to cdsitepackages from William McVey. It now takes an argument and supports tab-completion for directories within site-packages.
- Add license text to the header of the script.
- Resolve a bug with the preactivate hook not being run properly. Refer to :bbissue:`21` for complete details.
- Automatically create any missing hook scripts as stubs with comments to expose the feature in case users are not aware of it.
- Better protection of $WORKON_HOME does not exist when the wrapper script is sourced.
- Incorporate lssitepackages feature from Sander Smits.
- Refactor some of the functions that were using copy-and-paste code to build path names.
- Add a few tests.
- Fix problem with add2virtualenv and relative paths. Thanks to Doug Latornell for the bug report James Bennett for the suggested fix.
- Incorporate patch from Sascha Brossmann to fix a :bbissue:`15`. Directory normalization was causing WORKON_HOME to appear to be a missing directory if there were control characters in the output of pwd.
- Remove warning during installation if sphinxcontrib.paverutils is not installed. (:bbissue:`10`)
- Added some basic developer information to the documentation.
- Added documentation for deactivate command.
- Added documentation updates provided by Steve Steiner.
- Merged in changes to cdvirtualenv from wam and added tests and docs.
- Merged in changes to make error messages go to stderr, also provided by wam.
- Better error handling in mkvirtualenv.
- Remove bogus VIRTUALENV_WRAPPER_BIN variable.
- Wrap the virtualenv version of deactivate() with one that lets us invoke the predeactivate hooks.
- Fix virtualenvwrapper_show_workon_options for colorized versions of ls and write myself a note so I don't break it again later.
- Convert test.sh to use true tests with shunit2
- Fix :bbissue:`5` by correctly handling symlinks and limiting the list of envs to things that look like they can be activated.
- Check return value of virtualenvwrapper_verify_workon_home everywhere, thanks to Jeff Forcier for pointing out the errors.
- Fix instructions at top of README, pointed out by Matthew Scott.
- Add cdvirtualenv and cdsitepackages, contributed by James Bennett.
- Enhance test.sh.
- Optimize virtualenvwrapper_show_workon_options.
- Add global postactivate hook.
- Pull in fix for colorized ls from Jeff Forcier (:bbchangeset:`b42a25f7b74a`).
- Add more hooks for operations to run before and after creating or deleting environments based on changes from Chris Hasenpflug.
- Corrected a problem with change to mkvirtualenv that lead to release 1.8 by using an alternate fix proposed by James in comments on release 1.4.
- Fix for processing the argument list in mkvirtualenv from jorgevargas (:bbissue:`1`)
- Move to bitbucket.org for hosting
- clean up TODO list and svn keywords
- add license section below
- More zsh support (fixes to rmvirtualenv) from Byron Clark.
- Add completion support for zsh, courtesy of Ted Leung.
- Fix some issues with spaces in directory or env names. They still don't really work with virtualenv, though.
- Added documentation for the postactivate and predeactivate scripts.
- Includes a new .pth management function based on work contributed by James Bennett and Jannis Leidel.
- Includes a fix for a nasty bug in rmvirtualenv identified by John Shimek.