cover letter of the previous series; this has been changed to make
the patches in the new series replies to the new cover letter.
- * Bash completion script in contrib/ has been adjusted to be also
+ * Bash completion script in contrib/ has been adjusted to be usable with
+ Bash 4 (options with '=value' didn't complete) It has been also made
* Different pagers can be chosen depending on which subcommand is
being run under the pager, using "pager.<subcommand>" variable.
use the new --empty option to be more explicit instead.
* "git repack -f" does not spend cycles to recompress objects in the
- non-delta representation anymore (use -F if you really mean it when
- e.g. you changed the compression level).
+ non-delta representation anymore (use -F if you really mean it
+ e.g. after you changed the core.compression variable setting).
* "git merge --log" used to limit the resulting merge log to 20
entries; this is now customizable by giving e.g. "--log=47".
* The default "recursive" merge strategy learned --rename-threshold
option to influence the rename detection, similar to the -M option
- of "git diff". E.g. "git merge -Xrename-threshold=50% ..." to use
+ of "git diff". From "git merge" frontend, "-X<strategy option>"
+ interface, e.g. "git merge -Xrename-threshold=50% ...", can be used
* The "recursive" strategy also learned to ignore various whitespace
changes; the most notable is -Xignore-space-at-eol.
me or by her; instead it looked for commits written by me and by
her, which is impossible.
- * "git merge" into an unborn branch removed an untracked file "foo"
- from the working tree when merged branch had "foo" (2caf20c..172b642).
* "git push --progress" shows progress indicators now.
* "git repack" places its temporary packs under $GIT_OBJECT_DIRECTORY/pack
echo O=$(git describe master)
git shortlog --no-merges ^maint ^$O master