* An element on GIT_CEILING_DIRECTORIES list that does not name the
real path to a directory (i.e. a symbolic link) could have caused
the GIT_DIR discovery logic to escape the ceiling.
- (merge 059b379 mh/ceiling later to maint).
* When attempting to read the XDG-style $HOME/.config/git/config and
finding that $HOME/.config/git is a file, we gave a wrong error
message, instead of treating the case as "a custom config file does
not exist there" and moving on.
- (merge 8f2bbe4 jn/warn-on-inaccessible-loosen later to maint).
* The behaviour visible to the end users was confusing, when they
attempt to kill a process spawned in the editor that was in turn
* A child process that was killed by a signal (e.g. SIGINT) was
reported in an inconsistent way depending on how the process was
spawned by us, with or without a shell in between.
- (merge 709ca73 jk/unify-exit-code-by-receiving-signal later to maint).
* After failing to create a temporary file using mkstemp(), failing
pathname was not reported correctly on some platforms.
- (merge f7be59b jc/mkstemp-more-careful-error-reporting later to maint).
* The attribute mechanism didn't allow limiting attributes to be
applied to only a single directory itself with "path/" like the
degradations and needs to merge a fix-up topic.
(merge 9db9eec nd/fix-directory-attrs-off-by-one later to maint).
+ * "git am" did not parse datestamp correctly from Hg generated patch,
+ when it is run in a locale outside C (or en).
+ (merge 5185b97 dl/am-hg-locale later to maint).
* "git apply" misbehaved when fixing whitespace breakages by removing
excess trailing blank lines.
- (merge 5de7166 jc/apply-trailing-blank-removal later to maint).
* A tar archive created by "git archive" recorded a directory in a
way that made NetBSD's implementation of "tar" sometimes unhappy.
- (merge 22f0dcd rs/leave-base-name-in-name-field-of-tar later to maint).
* "git archive" did not record uncompressed size in the header when
streaming a zip archive, which confused some implementations of unzip.
- (merge 5ea2c84 rs/zip-with-uncompressed-size-in-the-header later to maint).
* "git clean" showed what it was going to do, but sometimes end up
finding that it was not allowed to do so, which resulted in a
* When "git clone --separate-git-dir=$over_there" is interrupted, it
failed to remove the real location of the $GIT_DIR it created.
This was most visible when interrupting a submodule update.
- (merge 9be1980 jl/interrupt-clone-remove-separate-git-dir later to maint).
* The way "git svn" asked for password using SSH_ASKPASS and
GIT_ASKPASS was not in line with the rest of the system.
- (merge e9263e4 ss/svn-prompt later to maint).
* The --graph code fell into infinite loop when asked to do what the
- (merge 656197a mk/maint-graph-infinity-loop later to maint).
* http transport was wrong to ask for the username when the
authentication is done by certificate identity.
- (merge 75e9a40 rb/http-cert-cred-no-username-prompt later to maint).
* "git pack-refs" that ran in parallel to another process that
created new refs had a nasty race.
- (merge b3f1280 jk/repack-ref-racefix later to maint).
* After "git add -N" and then writing a tree object out of the
index, the cache-tree data structure got corrupted.
- (merge eec3e7e nd/invalidate-i-t-a-cache-tree later to maint).
* "git clone" used to allow --bare and --separate-git-dir=$there
options at the same time, which was nonsensical.
* "git merge --no-edit" computed who were involved in the work done
on the side branch, even though that information is to be discarded
without getting seen in the editor.
- (merge 9bcbb1c jc/maint-fmt-merge-msg-no-edit-lose-credit later to maint).
* "git merge" started calling prepare-commit-msg hook like "git
commit" does some time ago, but forgot to pay attention to the exit
- (merge 3e4141d ap/merge-stop-at-prepare-commit-msg-failure later to maint).
* When users spell "cc:" in lowercase in the fake "header" in the
trailer part, "git send-email" failed to pick up the addresses from
there. As e-mail headers field names are case insensitive, this
script should follow suit and treat "cc:" and "Cc:" the same way.
- (merge 6310071 nz/send-email-headers-are-case-insensitive later to maint).
* Output from "git status --ignored" showed an unexpected interaction
- (merge a45fb69 ap/status-ignored-in-ignored-directory later to maint).
* "gitweb", when sorting by age to show repositories with new
activities first, used to sort repositories with absolutely
nothing in it early, which was not very useful.
- (merge 28dae18 md/gitweb-sort-by-age later to maint).
* "gitweb"'s code to sanitize control characters before passing it to
"highlight" filter lost known-to-be-safe control characters by
- (merge 0e901d2 os/gitweb-highlight-uncaptured later to maint).
* When a line to be wrapped has a solid run of non space characters
whose length exactly is the wrap width, "git shortlog -w" failed
to add a newline after such a line.
- (merge e0db176 sp/shortlog-missing-lf later to maint).
* Command line completion leaked an unnecessary error message while
looking for possible matches with paths in <tree-ish>.
- (merge ca87dd6 ds/completion-silence-in-tree-path-probe later to maint).
* Command line completion for "tcsh" emitted an unwanted space
after completing a single directory name.
- (merge 92f1c04 mk/complete-tcsh later to maint).
+ * Command line completion code was inadvertently made incompatible with
+ older versions of bash by using a newer array notation.
+ (merge 50c5885 bc/fix-array-syntax-for-3.0-in-completion-bash later to maint).
* Some shells do not behave correctly when IFS is unset; work it
around by explicitly setting it to the default value.
- (merge 393050c jc/maint-fbsd-sh-ifs-workaround later to maint).
* Some scripted programs written in Python did not get updated when
* When autoconf is used, any build on a different commit always ran
"config.status --recheck" even when unnecessary.
- (merge 1226504 jn/less-reconfigure later to maint).
* We have been carrying a translated and long-unmaintained copy of an
old version of the tutorial; removed.
- (merge 0a85441 ta/remove-stale-translated-tut later to maint).
+ * t0050 had tests expecting failures from a bug that was fixed some
+ (merge 336e2e2 tb/t0050-maint later to maint).
* t4014, t9502 and t0200 tests had various portability issues that
- (merge 27f6342 jc/maint-test-portability later to maint).
* t9020 and t3600 tests had various portability issues.
- (merge 5a02966 jc/test-portability later to maint).
* t9200 runs "cvs init" on a directory that already exists, but a
platform can configure this fail for the current user (e.g. you
need to be in the cvsadmin group on NetBSD 6.0).
- (merge 8666df0 jc/test-cvs-no-init-in-existing-dir later to maint).
* t9020 and t9810 had a few non-portable shell script construct.
- (merge 2797914 tb/test-t9020-no-which later to maint).
- (merge 6f4e505 tb/test-t9810-no-sed-i later to maint).